New Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
Which bats have the largest barrel length? I noticed my DD's bat has about 2" less of barrel on her 29" bat than a Jessica Mendoza TPS of the same length.

What is a good 30" bat. DD is 10U.

The Easton Mako has the largest sweet spot out there. It is a great bat .... but it is heavy. It will run close to a full ounce over sticker weight and at something as small as 30" I would probably make sure the girl can handle such a heavy bat before committing to such a substantial investment.

Other bats with nice sweet spots are the DeMarini CF series bats. The -11 version is as close to perfect as a bat for younger girls can be, IMHO. The -10s swing light, as well, and you should definitely have her swing both to see which she might like. Another bonus is the CF6 has recently been replaced by the CF7 and can be found at great discounts. The resale value on -11 DeMarinis is excellent, too.

A newer bat that is rapidly becoming a favorite of mine for younger girls is the Louisville Slugger LXT -10. It swings very light, has great pop and a big sweet spot. I have several girls on my team (all 11-year-olds) who are swinging it and it is definitely showing itself well. They are also on closeout almost everywhere so a great deal can be found.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves