new 12U team...dad is an assistant and...opinions please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
1. Coaching a 12U team with no DD as a member. Terrific for you for giving back !
2. What positions do your assistant's DD's play? That may provide so information where this is going.
3. I have to believe you have some idea who your strongest players are. See if they are comfortable at the key positions of catcher, SS & CF. Your #1 pitcher may also be the SS, so you may need to find SS #2 for when she pitches.
4. After filling these 3 key spots the previous posters have outflined how to sort thru what talent you have and where they should play.
5. DD's 12U team was awful last Fall. Not every one did Winter workouts. Come Spring, they practiced once a week, but came together an played as a team and not 9 individuals. The team was quite successful in playing late into the day on Sunday's and winning 2 events. Fall Bal gives you some idea of what you have and what needs work over the Winter to prepare for the Spring season.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I think you guys just need to go get a cup of coffee and chat about the team. And I think that would be the best way to answer his emails. A core coaching identity would be beneficial to the girls so encourage developing a coach's rapport with all assistants.

Feb 8, 2009
See if you can get him to recognize where your team is experience-wise. Some coaches get ate up with winning, when they don't have the horses to do it. If that's the case, perhaps you can get him to recognize that, and work on developing for next year-and beyond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12