Need recommendations for a lite composite bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
It's not the greatest bat around (though in this size, is that really going to matter?), but I think you can get a Synge in 27" 15.5 oz.

Apr 1, 2010
DD had a Halo Light; it's a fine bat. However, I think it's only available in 28" and up and the OP wanted a max length of 27" for his/her 6 year-old. Once she gets a little bigger, she'll have a lot more options!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2012
My 2003 / 9yo DD & going into her second year of U10 (not 10U) & is a solid kid for her age & is swinging a 29" synge hard. The bat prior was a 28" easton mystique (16.5oz).

My question, for your younger daughter, are you using softies / squishy balls for play at U8 there? Here, we dont use "hard" balls until U10. If so, not sure why you'd be thinking about composite, the bat technology doesnt make much difference on a ball you can compress with your bare hand. Ive noticed that quite routinely a decent aluminum bat will outperform a middle of the road composite more often than not as it is - although, im sure many will disagree. LOL

Jun 13, 2012
My 2003 / 9yo DD & going into her second year of U10 (not 10U) & is a solid kid for her age & is swinging a 29" synge hard. The bat prior was a 28" easton mystique (16.5oz).

My question, for your younger daughter, are you using softies / squishy balls for play at U8 there? Here, we dont use "hard" balls until U10. If so, not sure why you'd be thinking about composite, the bat technology doesnt make much difference on a ball you can compress with your bare hand. Ive noticed that quite routinely a decent aluminum bat will outperform a middle of the road composite more often than not as it is - although, im sure many will disagree. LOL

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
DiMarini Vendetta 27",-12 15oz
My youngest dd got this bat last year when she was 8 on a 10u team, bat is still great and we'll be using it again this year.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I did not start buying my DD bats until she started playing 10U travel ball. Before that she always used the "team bat" and smaller kids would just choke up a little....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad