Need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2011
My DD PLAYS 10 REC.and has a few friends on TB. Better than most not as good as some..She is pretty good on rec.actually a little better than good. When do you know when it's time to move on to Travel? She hits well and field's very well. Plays third and first. Has caught some.

THANKS BILL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Travel or tournament teams tend to practice more and play more games.First year for Tournament team for myself and DD.Practiced all winter 3days a week fielding,hitting and pitching.The reps made her a much better player.Plus playing with and against girls with similiar talent.Big step from rec to travel or tournament.Will be doing it again next season luv it.

Oct 14, 2008
A gauge I have always used in kids at a younger level is this. Is the child one of the biggest contributors on her team? Is she challenged enough to constantly improve her skills? Is she bored at the level she plays and wants tougher competition? If the answer is yes then its time to move on. There will be some at the rec level that will scoff at this but you need to think of your dd at some point. Hope this helps.

Tim

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Ask her (and your family) if you want to make the BIG commitment?. Sounds like she is ready. What's the worse that can happen? If she doesn't like TB, she can always play Rec Ball again next year, right?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd