need help with DD's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
thanks alot, now should i have her work on a complete swing or break it down like work on not dropping the hands first etc.

That is a tough call. If just started playing TB maybe you want to minimize tweaks so she can still have success.

One thing I've been through a lot with kids right at this age is stride. She has no stride. If she has been playing since 5 or 6 this will be a process to get her to change. To get the timing down will take weeks, and it will be frustrating. Very very common so nothing to feel bad about, but again, you need to decide if now is the time to suck it up with regards to not having much success at the plate for at least a bit if you are going to re-build.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She is dropping her hands, but that won't help her because it won't teach her how to correctly adjust to balls down in the strike zone.

As someone else mentioned, you have to understand why she's dropping her hands. That may be due to a cue that she's following.

As I have said before, I was at the cages once and heard a presumably well-intentioned dad chastising his daughter for dropping her hands while simultaneously telling her to stand up straight when hitting balls down in the strike zone.

A girl this young, would keep it simple

Work on one thing at a time. High tee will help

Work on throwing keeping the throwing elbow even or higher than the shoulder.

Back to high tee.

Then post more video.

Straightleg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45