Need help selecting correct bat size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
If she is a dead pull hitter it isn't a bat weight issue. I just took a 14U that had the same issue had always used a heavy RT and couldn't hit it to RF to save her life. Very strong catcher, and it was a joke you didnt want to be the third base coach. Now hitting HR over the RCF fence.

I understand what youre saying. My DD's bat speed is very very fast as are her reactions. The added weight with the end load was a simple and effective fix for her "problem".

I used this theory with a DD who was behind the pitch, told her dad to try a speed bat -11 -12. Helped her out tremendously.

Sometimes we over analyze the problem. Kinda like adding a weight to "balance" a tire. As long as the mechanics of the swing are good simple weight change can do wonders.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2011
My 13 YO DD has been using the Rocketech for about a year now. The BEST move she has ever made. Takes a couple weeks to get used to the end loading and smaller handle size, but now she is a totally different hitter. We have never had any issues with cold weather in regards to damage or performance.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Is it just me or with the non-composite, you get more hand vibration? I never wore gloves and still don't (I keep my hitting practice up so I am not afraid of teen pitching, kidding, no, really). My hands don't hurt with a composite, but do with a Rocketech.

I'm not sure, my DD says the composites have more vibration and for that reason she rarely will pick one up. She loves the RT, says a hit with it feels like a hot knife through butter.

Bad thing is I've got $600 in composite bats that have less than 50 hits on them laying around. She won't use them.

Jul 28, 2008
Is it just me or with the non-composite, you get more hand vibration? I never wore gloves and still don't (I keep my hitting practice up so I am not afraid of teen pitching, kidding, no, really). My hands don't hurt with a composite, but do with a Rocketech.

My DD has (2) RT's, (1) NT, and a Xeno. She also does not use batting gloves. The only bat she will not use is the Nano and that's because it hurt the heck out of her hands when she hits the ball. To the point where she had tears in her eyes when she used it last in BP. She doesn't seem to have the problem with the RT's.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
My Daughter is just turning 14 5' 2" 120lbs, and I would like to get her a new bat for her birthday. She has been playing TB for a few years and has a pretty decent swing. Last year she was using an Easton Synge 32" 20 1/2 oz, and was very consitant in hitting singles. I was thinking of moving to an aluminum bat for the colder weather up here in the northwest. Maybe a Nanotek 32-22 or 31-21. Any thoughts?

Be aware that it's not the bat that is effected by cold weather, it's the ball. They do not compress like they would in warm weather and even Anderson has a 60°F or above on their warranty. Although I will admit I have my own DD use her a RT in the colder weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd