Need Advice on Glove Size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I'll appreciate any input and experience anyone has similar to DD. She is 11.5 YO and plays 12U and sometimes 14U for her TB org when they need her. She is 5'5" and has hands proportionate to her height. Height models predict she'll be somewhere between 5'5" and 5'8". She primarily plays P and 3B and likes her 12" Mizuno. I'm looking at a 12.5" Nokona X2 Elite. I'm afraid it might be too large for now. And I'm a bit concerned that if she suddenly stopped growing, she couldn't use it. Again, all input is appreciated.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If she likes her 12" Mizuno, and it's holding up okay, there's no problem with sticking with it. 12.5" would probably be okay, if you really feel like upgrading. I probably wouldn't go any larger than that for infield.

Feb 7, 2013
I think you answered your own question: "She primarily plays P and 3B and likes her 12" Mizuno" and regarding the proposed new glove "I'm afraid it might be too large for now"

I personally think it's a mistake to buy softball equipment that kids will "grow into" whether its gloves, bats, helmets, cleats. I used to do this to try to save a buck but if the player is serious about the sport enough to play year round, buy them the best equipment you can afford for play right now, worry about next year or the year after when the time comes.

Dec 12, 2013
B.C. Canada
My 18U DD plays SS, is 5'8" and uses a 12" glove. As a middle infielder she is in and out of her glove quickly and more often than the corners and outfielders. She loves her 12" glove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole