My DD had a big day Monday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
She may have set 3 Minnesota state high school records in do so . . . . .

Cooper's Walek homers her way to a state record | StarTribune.com

The local TV station came over to our house to film her taking bp in the garage and ask me why I gave a mini hitting cage in my garage. It pales in comparison to hitter's and SL's from what I've seen.

The story will air this Monday. I'll provide a link.

You may be able to see the strobe light on the ceiling (hitter's drill).
I don't think I know what I am doing with the strobe however.

Thanks,

BD

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
That is great news!

I am going out to put a strobe light in the garage. I hope the article isn't all about that. :)

I will have to look up the reference to a strobe light.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
That is awesome!!!! I had to show it to my whole family.
Love the garage. I see why, I was in MLPS last week and it was 45 and super windy, the weather people were talking snow Friday night and some local in the hotel breakfast area says "well it is only early May!"

Jan 15, 2009
Congrats to Brenna. She is a great kid. I know we've always kept track of where she is in the lineup when we've played against her, and she was a delight the week we picked her up for nationals. I'm very happy to see that they included her work ethic as part of the story, too many kids are chasing a magic bat, or special technique and don't want to put in the time to practice. To me that more than anything shows she is ready for college ball because the time commitment won't come as a shock to her. Good Luck this summer!

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
Congrats to Brenna. She is a great kid. I know we've always kept track of where she is in the lineup when we've played against her, and she was a delight the week we picked her up for nationals. I'm very happy to see that they included her work ethic as part of the story, too many kids are chasing a magic bat, or special technique and don't want to put in the time to practice. To me that more than anything shows she is ready for college ball because the time commitment won't come as a shock to her. Good Luck this summer!

Thanks for the comments Chris, I'll pass them on to Brenna.
I wish they had aired the part of the interview where I talked about her passion for the game and how a parent can't force a kid to do some of the stuff she does in terms of practice outside of team practice.
She really had a great time with the Catz at nationals.

Good luck to you guys too.

BD

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
That is awesome!!!! I had to show it to my whole family.
Love the garage. I see why, I was in MLPS last week and it was 45 and super windy, the weather people were talking snow Friday night and some local in the hotel breakfast area says "well it is only early May!"

The weather can be crazy here in MN.
All in all we have had a great (warm and dry) spring, until recently.
But as I say (regarding the cold and rain) at least we don't have to shovel it.:D

Jan 23, 2009
NE
Great story and inspiration for others especially young players. I linked to your video on our teams Facebook page and made sure my DD saw it. We have been in the garage every night that we don't have something else going on.