My DD - 15yrs -

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JMHO but needs more work on the lower half coil forward hold the stretch in the back leg and really let the back hip go will give her a ton more bat speed and power. Also don't be afraid to let her back elbow come up some(no higher than level ) to get the knob of the bat to point back towards the catcher a bit and get that barrel turning behind her. Keep up the hard work. My .02

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She could work on her lower half leading the upper better. All in all she has a real nice swing.
Nice hand path....

Good job

SL

Feb 12, 2014
She has this habit of crowding the plate (feet on line) and then will step out with front foot. Which has worked successfully at lower levels but worries me as she is getting older. This style will make her very susceptible to outside pitches I believe

May 3, 2014
I like it. I just think she is little late with the hips extension. She does a nice job repositioning her pelvis into flexion but then is late going into extension. The core can pulse to get the hips to fire and her barrel will work behind the hips. The HIPS have to be the driver - not the hands.

[video=youtube_share;7uwkHAuQKeE]http://youtu.be/7uwkHAuQKeE[/video]

Comments, suggestions, recommendations ?

Feb 12, 2014
Is this posted in wrong section? I just realized I might have posted in the wrong section

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
xHThgJ.gif

j0FZIP.gif

BzOrbU.gif

Sorry, stepping out is bad on every pitch like your DD does is bad at any level.
Hand path is also bad.

5vwy36.gif

Your DD needs a steady diet of a tee set up for outside pitches. DD needs to hit line drives opposite field.
Then you need to start working the tee into the middle of the plate, where your DD should hit line drives straight up the middle.

RDbass You say her hand path is bad.

Could you go into detail telling us why?
Could you use your words, and not from another website...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K4man