My daughter would appreciate your valued opinion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Dad!!! Well the pitcher needs some lessons for sure. Haha

Your not giving your DD much to choose from, maybe 3 of those pitches I would have swung at. *She can't settle nor balance chasing all those head high pitches.*

I'm not a big tee work guy, but some on here have good drills and I believe in this case that's where you need to "restart". The weekends are slow on the forum due to most starting up their travel season. You'll prob get more responses during the week.*

But you as ye ole dad really need to work on good location pitches and teach her to lay off those ones out of reach. How far back are you throwing?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The pitching variation is enough to display a commonality of issues between swings ....... 'bat drag' with a false belief that leveling should result in a swing with the bat parallel to the ground at contact. Basically the kid appears to have improper goal/approach/understanding of the swing.

May 16, 2010
My dd and I made a video for us to watch her swing. However after us watching some of the other young ladies on this site she wanted me to post up her video. All she would like is a fair judgement on her hitting so she can hear from another voice (other than dad) about her hitting

MY DAUGHTER HITTING 5-12-12 - YouTube

Yes, most of the pitches she hit are balls, high.

Pretty good balance, keeps her head pretty still.

Leg action is pretty good, needs some work on loading and unloading from the back leg

The BIG problem that needs immediate attention, is her arms and bat action. The barrel should be above her head, and move from there, in an arc to the ball. Her bat head flops down to horizontal, and in some cases below horizontal, and then she flings the bat at the ball.

Look at these photos; the barrel is above their head and goes to the ball from there, in an arc, the bat never goes horizontal.

griffypathsmarked.jpg

blurmg1.jpg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Dad!!! Well the pitcher needs some lessons for sure. Haha

Your not giving your DD much to choose from, maybe 3 of those pitches I would have swung at. *She can't settle nor balance chasing all those head high pitches.*

I'm not a big tee work guy, but some on here have good drills and I believe in this case that's where you need to "restart". The weekends are slow on the forum due to most starting up their travel season. You'll prob get more responses during the week.*

But you as ye ole dad really need to work on good location pitches and teach her to lay off those ones out of reach. How far back are you throwing?

What a hitter swings at in practice is what they are likely to swing at in games.

2jetd3c.gif

During practice a hitter should be honing in their interpretation of the strike zone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut