My daughter doesn't make mistakes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Simo, I know you know what I mean. And no, I wouldn't coach HS ball for a million $$. I just don't understand all the fuss. We have a 15-2 record, ranked #5 in the super region ( about 55 schools ) and we still have parents complaining. THEY ARE GETTING PLAY TIME, IT'S JUST ON THE JV. Not everyone was made to be a doctor or lawyer, not all are varsity level players either.

I do understand about time served. But each player has their role. Not all can be the superstar, why can't the parents just let it go. 30 years from now it won't mean a hill of beans. :)

The coach tries to get as many on the varsity field as he can. We pinch run, courtesy run, and DH.

If when my DD is a senior and a freshman pitcher blows her off the mound........we better pitch that freshman.

Last edited:

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
Problems intensify when you are no longer 15-2 and 5th in the region. The philosophy of fielding the best team is harder to defend. That line can be pretty thin, especially if you lose your top two pitchers to graduation or injury. Our girls basketball program finished 3rd in the state two years ago. The talent level that the coach had could have played any system and been successful. The talent pool graduated and the coach, knowing the mentality of the parents resigned his position after the end of the season and while teaching at the school, has no intention of coaching a losing team and putting up with all the BS that comes with it. It is just too hard to manage why Suzy doesnt get the same playing time or respect as Mary.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I agree with meeting with all three and be honest with them. They are probably getting alot of mis info from their daughter. I know that is what my daughters would do. It would probably turn around into a positive thing for everyone, but I would make sure to do it in person. Emails always seem to be taken the wrong way.

Sep 3, 2009
Maybe alot of this could have been preempted. The coach of my dd's current team passed out the rules, that all players and parents signed and returned at the beginning of the season. In a nutshell, parents don't dictate playing time, or position. Attitude, ability, and performance dictate playing time. The coach does whats best for the team, not any one player. Players and parents should have every right to inquire about their performance, and inquire about suggestions for improvement. It's worked out very well so far. I know what you're dealing with though, we've been on teams where there was always one or two sets of parents who felt their dd didn't get enough time, or should have been playing another position, different spot in the roster, etc.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Problems intensify when you are no longer 15-2 and 5th in the region. The philosophy of fielding the best team is harder to defend. That line can be pretty thin, especially if you lose your top two pitchers to graduation or injury. Our girls basketball program finished 3rd in the state two years ago. The talent level that the coach had could have played any system and been successful. The talent pool graduated and the coach, knowing the mentality of the parents resigned his position after the end of the season and while teaching at the school, has no intention of coaching a losing team and putting up with all the BS that comes with it. It is just too hard to manage why Suzy doesnt get the same playing time or respect as Mary.

I truly understand what your saying and agree. Our HS coach has been the coach for over 20 years. He told me he has never had a freshman class so full of talent. But he did admit he would get hanged from the highest tree if he fielded mostly freshmen. So I feel he is playing the best 3 freshmen and the rest older for a good run. Then will explode them next year for a good state championship attempt after the 5 SR's graduate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1