Most epic superregional mono y mono moment for me

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
So here is Whitney Canion blowing away the rest of the Georgia Bulldog line-up with what I saw as the best pitching in Super-Regionals (I am still early in the series having gone through 1.5 games now) and up steps Alex Hugo.

OMG what an agressive BEAST at the plate!!! (I know it's been said before,...but my first time seeing Hugo's dish-game)

To me this was the most exciting 1-on-1 match up so far this year.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Wait till you see how Waldrop bounced back against Michigan. Watch all three games and you will see two distinctly different pitchers. She won POY based on that bounceback and delivering when her team needed her. Canion did phenomenal as well. So did Nunley. Conversely, Wilkinson and Carda picked some bad times to pitch their worst.

As for Hugo. I keep showing her at bats to my girls telling them that this is the best example of a girl that KNOWS she is better than the pitcher, every game, every at bat. She KNOWS she is better, even though she may not be. Her swing is actually a little loose and has a good amount of slop IMO, but her confidence in her ability is staggering and overcomes any minor flaws.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
So here is Whitney Canion blowing away the rest of the Georgia Bulldog line-up with what I saw as the best pitching in Super-Regionals (I am still early in the series having gone through 1.5 games now) and up steps Alex Hugo.

OMG what an agressive BEAST at the plate!!! (I know it's been said before,...but my first time seeing Hugo's dish-game)

To me this was the most exciting 1-on-1 match up so far this year.

As a UGA fan, Canion's performance made me want to puke. :)

Fact that they walked Hugo twice with the bases empty, once when she represented the tying run with one (or maybe nobody) out, was very revealing. Kinda showed me where UGA really sits in the national picture in that Hugo is a rare game-changer, but the rest of the order isn't going to hurt a really good pitcher when she's on, and Baylor knew it. That's why UGA was borderline CWS and not quite there yet. All key players return, so maybe next year.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
As a UGA fan, Canion's performance made me want to puke. :)

Fact that they walked Hugo twice with the bases empty, once when she represented the tying run with one (or maybe nobody) out, was very revealing. Kinda showed me where UGA really sits in the national picture in that Hugo is a rare game-changer, but the rest of the order isn't going to hurt a really good pitcher when she's on, and Baylor knew it. That's why UGA was borderline CWS and not quite there yet. All key players return, so maybe next year.

This is why it is important to have solid bats throughout your lineup. Having one good bat is easy to pitch around.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
This is why it is important to have solid bats throughout your lineup. Having one good bat is easy to pitch around.

Yes, although 'good hitter' is relative. UGA has several good hitters, many that would start for other top-20 programs. I don't think it was a one-girl hitting show. But, on the other hand, it was clear in that game that against an elite pitcher who was on her game that Baylor was worried about only one batter - Hugo. The rest seemed to have no shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1