Mom Threatens LL Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
May 18, 2009
I'm amazed so many people volunteer for the abuse that coaching offers. It's a wonder there's organized sports at all.

Oct 25, 2009
That's one of the dangers of coaching, disgruntled parents/players and false accusations. Just an accusation can bring a nightmare of having to deal with various child protective agencies.

My advice to anyone falsely accused is to sue. Seriously! Inaction involving a person like that is just passing it along to the next innocent person. That woman does not need to have custody of minor children!

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I have a friend who was coaching U10 LL softball. He took on two parents as assistant coaches - man and a woman. The woman had coached U8 before and was involved with the board. she immediately began to criticize and try to take over the team, began writing e-mails, some of which alluded to "inappropriate touching"of her DD. at the same time, she began an affair with the other assistant coach who was married at the time.
He went to the LL board with it and they wanted him to fight her on it. Seeing it as only getting worse before it got better, he chose to cut his losses and leave the team. The two lovebird rear. coaches took over. that was last year and they are still coaching this season. (The guy is divorced now.)
Until the story fades into history, no coach will ever select that girl.

Mar 13, 2010
Coaches leaving partners for parents is old hat. I had a (female) coach leave her husband for one of the mothers. And proceded to make out with the mum on the back of the bus on the way to state. Eight hours away. Couldn't understand why she got relieved before state started. (wasn't anything to do with the fact that my grandfather was the president and another girl's dad was vice president. Seriously if you're going to be that stupid, doing it with those two girls in the team isn't very smart)

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I guess I put too many details in the story. the point was a good guy got shanghied by his assist. coach via the threat of charging "inappropriate behavior toward a minor".

Jun 10, 2011
We have a coach that is constantly smacking the girls on the butt.....nothing perverse with ours though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors