Mom finds sex offender at practice.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
As a father, my DD was 12 and dude was wanting to take her away for fishing, I'd use her phone to set up the meeting. I might go to jail, but that guy is going to the hospital.

I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel about grown men trying to "take advantage" of a young innocent girl. I'd beat him within a inch of his life!!

I have a gun, a shovel, and an alibi!! All my girls know they can just call my name or find me if the are ever any 'issues' that need straightening out. My wife and I coach together and are of the opinion when the girls are around, they are our children, and will protect them like our own.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The article says that the offender was at the practices, with his God daughter. Authorities need to take a look at what that relationship is.

Jul 26, 2010
Our league doesn't let anyone on the "kid side" of the fence without an ASA background check. That includes helpers and dugout moms.

-W

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I guess it depends on why he was on the register. If its child related then he's gotta go. My childhood best friend is a registered sex offender and has to report his location etc... when he was a senior in high school and had just turned 18, his girlfriend who was a junior and not 17 yet got caught by her mom after school... he was charged with statuary rape because she was a month away from her birthday... is he a danger to our kids now? Not at all.... but he will carry that label for ever because of that day 21 years ago with his girlfriend of 4 years.

Jan 25, 2011
Remember, if someone takes to much interest in your dd and seems a little to friendly. There is nothing wrong with you feeling wary about it. I really think that when it comes to protecting your kids, go with your gut feeling. The adult should understand your feelings if they are not up to no good.

Oct 19, 2009
One thing to remember is that not all offenders have been caught and convicted, although a back ground check is good it does not always identify all threats to your child.

Offenders try and position themselves close to children where they can take advantage of an opportunity. Watch your child for mood changes, or any behavior change, be proactive and talk to your kid.

One kid that I coached in travel ball was molested by her high school coach, he had been doing it for years before he was caught.:mad: