Mom brag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
I don't post much, but am an avid reader of the site. It is so enjoyable to see how the girls are growing and prospering. It would be SO great to have a sticky that lists all the girls that are playing at the next level. I love rooting for the teams represented by DD's from this great site. What can we do to get that moving forward?

This is a fantastic idea!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Great thread. Fun to add Idaho State to the list of DFP connected teams to follow and cheer for, along with Winona State, Minnesota State Mankato, UMSL, Valpo, Louisville and in the near future Iowa, Iowa State, South Carolina and Purdue - just to name a few that I remember off the top of my head.

Notre Dame....

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
SO, what if there are conflicts on which teams to root for?

I looked at the softball schedule for the local school, Wisconsin, and I saw Valpo will be in town for a double header in early April. So, which team do I root for?

Or, I could root for Wisconsin and also root for one player on the Valpo team. I remember one rec league game, when DD #1's team was playing a playoff game against DD #1's BFF's team. I was sitting next to her BFF's father, too. So, I rooted for DD #1's team, except when her BFF was up to bat. Her BFF got a game winning ITP Grand Slam, and I cheered just as much as the girl's father. DD #1 was on the bench that inning, but came out of the dugout to congratulate her friend.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
You root against the team and for the DFP connected player....in the case of Georgia, you root for the pitcher to throw a good game and the team to lose based on lack of run production (Accept you want Alex Hugo to hit a HR) and defensive errors. So what if Georgia is pitching to a DFP DD? You root alternately for a hit and a strikeout every other at bat. You are allowed to root for a non-HR at bat for Alex Hugo if she is being pitched to by a DFP DD though, preferable a well hit ball though.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
You root against the team and for the DFP connected player....in the case of Georgia, you root for the pitcher to throw a good game and the team to lose based on lack of run production (Accept you want Alex Hugo to hit a HR) and defensive errors. So what if Georgia is pitching to a DFP DD? You root alternately for a hit and a strikeout every other at bat. You are allowed to root for a non-HR at bat for Alex Hugo if she is being pitched to by a DFP DD though, preferable a well hit ball though.

Thanks for the information. This can be even more useful for rec league games, when I know kids on all the teams.

For example, there was a young girl who was really working hard to improve her hitting. So, I rooted for her to get a hit, except when DD #3 was pitching. Best of all possible outcomes: she got a fantastic hit off of a good pitcher, but a K when DD #3 was pitching. I asked this girl how she felt getting a hit off a good pitcher for the first time. She said: "It felt GREAT!"

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD called me after a game in the fall vs Tennessee wanting information on a girl on the Vols who hit a dinger off her. I asked my DD if she left it fat? She said "That's the thing, it was a great pitch and she hammered it. i want to know who she is because she is legit!" Don't recall the name of the young lady but they now follow each other on social media. Although the outcome was certainly not what my DD desired there was mutual respect for each others skills.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Coming from SoCal we actually know many of the players that DD competes against. Our Friday Fullerton game she pitched against 3 girls who all played together with DD on the same 14U travel team. We can cheer for our own players while still respecting the friendships earned so long ago.
The game before that we knew 1 girl on the Purdue team (they were playing against Fullerton)and rooted for her to do well and also cheered our Fullerton friends to also do well.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Is there a wrist band for that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad