Mizuno support, Just WOW!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2016
LOL.. I bet the coach asked her not use it again after the moonshot.... and not the scorching grounder. Maybe you need to educate the coach as well, :). But then again, she will probably be more driven to practice harder so she can use her new PC F20.. :)

I would say that's 100% correct. She bats leadoff so that Is exactly what we are not trying to achieve at an at bat. lol

Apr 16, 2013
Isn't this 2 piece PC hot out of the wrapper? That's what I've been reading.

It may be hot out of the wrapper, but it can get hotter. LOL As core said, ALL bats need some breaking in. While not a Mizuno, my DD's Miken, an inner core bat, needed a LOT of hits before it really came on. The USSSA version of it, not an inner core bat, could feel a notable difference between out of wrapper and 100 hits. Every bat is different. However, I'd absolutely get a good 100 hits on any bat before considering it ready to use in the field. Also remember to rotate it a little bit after every swing. JMHO

May 12, 2016
Took the new PC 32/22 F20 out of the wrapper and hit 50 off the tee and soft toss. DD said it's not the same bat. Since same tech in new F20, obviously F19 was a dud. I took 10 easy cuts with it and the ball was jumping. I agree with my DD's analysis. Also completely different sound. Old F19 was extremely metallic, new F20 still has a unique sound, but way different. Also new F20 is way smoother, much more fun to hit with. I have to say it does feel a little like an older demarini (Cf8) IMHO, flex and trampoline.

FYI, These comments are specifically regarding a defective PC F19, I am sure there are those who won't be able to see any difference between a good F19 and F20.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2014
Just wanted to give some additional info to Julray. DD got a 34/25 F19 PC from Core back in February. Put a big ole crack in it during a game last night. Bats will break, it is to be expected. I'll comment more on the bat itself in the PC thread.

Submitted a RMA request online with Mizuno at 7:30 AM and had an email back asking for photos of bat, barrel, and receipt before 8:30 AM this morning. I immediately replied with the photos. Called in as well desperately hoping to expedite the process because we have three games in the next three days. Unlike Julray, they will not ship until I have shipped the damaged bat back to them. Disappointing given Julray's experience, but understandable. They have been prompt, professional and did what they could to get me the bat as soon as possible.

DD is just going to have to live with the old Xeno for a few days.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, remember, it is protocol to get the bat first before shipping a return. All manufacturers require it. It is very
unusual for a manufacturer to send a replacement with no return bat. That is usually not the norm and I was shocked
to hear the couple times they did it.
And I am sure they don't want to make it common practice as we know what can happen if people think about it...haha

Feb 12, 2014
Yeah, remember, it is protocol to get the bat first before shipping a return. All manufacturers require it. It is very
unusual for a manufacturer to send a replacement with no return bat. That is usually not the norm and I was shocked
And I am sure they don't want to make it common practice as we know what can happen if people think about it...haha

No doubt about it. I would never have even hoped for it if I hadn't read this thread earlier in the week. They have been great to work with on it. No issues at all.

May 12, 2016
That's why I had to mention it. I didn't want to mislead people, but thought they went way above and beyond

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi