Mistake by 3B during ESPN Rise tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2010
I wish the video was in real time not slowed down where I could put my stop watch on the runner.

What age players are these?

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
And, she really didn't start moving until the ball was bunted. I understand maybe hesitating for the "pullback slap", but there was no movement once the batter committed to bunt until the ball made contact with the bat.

We have always coached 3B to break hard to home when batter commits to the bunt.
This summer my 3B finally understood and even caught a little pop bunt in a 1-run game.
Doesn't this conversation compliment the 'How fast from home to 1st thread"?
Softball puzzle has many pieces and yes, 2b covering made a great play on the throw.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
hoover: I've got the real time video. My timing of the batter was 2.7 seconds from bat contact to 1B. She probably could have taken another .2 seconds off her time. She seems to me to slow down before she reached the bag. Additionally, she looked at the ball for longer than she should have.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
hoover: I've got the real time video. My timing of the batter was 2.7 seconds from bat contact to 1B. She probably could have taken another .2 seconds off her time. She seems to me to slow down before she reached the bag. Additionally, she looked at the ball for longer than she should have.

You may be right ..... after cleaning up the duplicate frames I came up with 2.55-2.60 seconds from 'contact' to '1B'.