Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2018
Easton never really stretched the limits. The bat just broke. Its no more hotter than the next bat. Theres only so much you can do. Maybe with Rawlings acquiring them reliability might change. Who knows
As a company would you prefer to service and replace 7 bats in 3 years or 3 bats in 3 years?

to the first point, if the ghost in general is not the hottest/best bat in the game how come in 23 high school games it is used by over 50% of the players on all but 1 team I have seen and then over the weekend with 12u and 14u with 31 teams in total all but 2 of those teams had a ghost for half their team. Also, out of the 54 teams 7 were 100% ghost/ghost advanced.

To your point, if that is what my kid prefers and wants and I see the bat perform, yes.

now to that point, oldest has had 3 girls this high school season with DemarinI all picked up her spare ghosts and left their Demarini in their bag. all 3 say they love the jump off the ghost compared to their Demarini.

as to the company perspective I say this, if I sell 1000 and service 75 of them and my competitor sells 100 and services 3 of them I say thank god I am not struggling like my competitor. It is a numbers game and right now in fast pitch the ghost is crushing the competition.

May 23, 2015
to the first point, if the ghost in general is not the hottest/best bat in the game how come in 23 high school games it is used by over 50% of the players on all but 1 team I have seen and then over the weekend with 12u and 14u with 31 teams in total all but 2 of those teams had a ghost for half their team. Also, out of the 54 teams 7 were 100% ghost/ghost advanced.

To your point, if that is what my kid prefers and wants and I see the bat perform, yes.

now to that point, oldest has had 3 girls this high school season with DemarinI all picked up her spare ghosts and left their Demarini in their bag. all 3 say they love the jump off the ghost compared to their Demarini.

as to the company perspective I say this, if I sell 1000 and service 75 of them and my competitor sells 100 and services 3 of them I say thank god I am not struggling like my competitor. It is a numbers game and right now in fast pitch the ghost is crushing the competition.
Ok cool

Jun 6, 2018
625 nothing against the meta at all as I came here curious about it and truth be told I want to see competition because it helps to have choices. If the meta can outperform the ghost that would be awesome but we heard that about the prism and we’ll ask demarini how well that is going.

and then to the business side of the spectrum, I see eastons numbers and I want to steal market share I need 2 things, a bat as good or better than theirs and then I preferably want it out a month before theirs so that people can test it and see the performance.

the only chance you got releasing it a month later than your competitor is that hopefully your competitors get it wrong (CFx for demarinI). Case in point Easton mako vs Cf6. Saw such a switch in dugouts those 2 years and then the complete opposite then 2 years later.

May 23, 2015
625 nothing against the meta at all as I came here curious about it and truth be told I want to see competition because it helps to have choices. If the meta can outperform the ghost that would be awesome but we heard that about the prism and we’ll ask demarini how well that is going.

and then to the business side of the spectrum, I see eastons numbers and I want to steal market share I need 2 things, a bat as good or better than theirs and then I preferably want it out a month before theirs so that people can test it and see the performance.

the only chance you got releasing it a month later than your competitor is that hopefully your competitors get it wrong (CFx for demarinI). Case in point Easton mako vs Cf6. Saw such a switch in dugouts those 2 years and then the complete opposite then 2 years later.
I dont have a dog in the hunt. I was just giving everyone the information that I personally know, and that's not covered under a nondisclosure.

What you don't seem to understand is that fastpitch is a tiny blip on Wilson's radar. Tiny. The bats will be available when they make them available. DeMarini and LS hold a large percentage of the fastpitch bat business.

Jun 6, 2018
I guess dd’s started on demarini and absolutely loved them and middle still uses her older sisters cf8. That is the problem with Demarin, that is 5 years ago. So demarini“s sales numbers are down from where they have been and LS is pretty much you like or hate them and they have a consistent group of users but have not picked up any new fans to make their numbers (market share) increase over the last few years.

so based on your experience with Meta can you answer these questions out of curiosity, does the sound, sound more like the blue ghost baseball wood sound or more like the ping sound of the titanium mizuno? Does the ball jump Off the bat regardless of swing like the ghost or does it take solid contact like the xeno? Does it have the feel like the ghost (overweight but manageable) or like the xeno (overweight end loaded)?

thanks for the insight hopefully

May 23, 2015
I guess dd’s started on demarini and absolutely loved them and middle still uses her older sisters cf8. That is the problem with Demarin, that is 5 years ago. So demarini“s sales numbers are down from where they have been and LS is pretty much you like or hate them and they have a consistent group of users but have not picked up any new fans to make their numbers (market share) increase over the last few years.

so based on your experience with Meta can you answer these questions out of curiosity, does the sound, sound more like the blue ghost baseball wood sound or more like the ping sound of the titanium mizuno? Does the ball jump Off the bat regardless of swing like the ghost or does it take solid contact like the xeno? Does it have the feel like the ghost (overweight but manageable) or like the xeno (overweight end loaded)?

thanks for the insight hopefully
I'm probably the worst to ask this question to. I'm a big guy and I dont lean into bats that I dont own. I'm a breaker..... I'm also not a believer in bat mystique guy. I. A firm believer in the Indian and not the arrow

The exit speeds I recorded were close to all other readings that I typically get. The ball responded well. Nothing that was unreal, because with compression tests you cant do too much anyway. I don't know about miss hits. I dont allow that

I'm not a believer in balanced vs end loaded bats. Ive never felt a difference personally. Ive never weighed a bat either

Told you I was the worst

Sep 29, 2020
Not sure why LS is a mess right now with their marketing and their supply. Maybe Covid had something to do with it, but it seems other companies are not having an issue. You hear nothing on the Meta, but yet we see it being used in college. No run-up hype about it nothing. Then their supply, it sounds like they are cutting out dealers and selling it only on their website. If that's true then at least stock bats. My DD had two warranty claims approved in Feb and Match but they still do not have her drop and model 4 months later. They need to pull it together quickly or are they just wanting to only deal with the boys side of the bat world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06