Mattingly Fastpitch Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2011
Hey, I'm new here and had a question for the community.

I have been looking into a new fastpitch bat as a gift and have heard some good things about the softball equipment from Mattingly. When I looked at them online the v-grip seemed like an interesting innovation but I also liked that they made round grips too.

Does anyone out there use a Mattingly bat? What do you think? I was looking at these models and my niece indicated that she would be willing to try to v-grip.

Mattingly Sports Product Details

Mattingly Sports Product Details

Also, does anyone know the rules concerning 100% composite bats vs. composite hybrids? We were also looking at DiMarini CF5 and the Easton Synge too.

- Rick

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
All the girls on my brothers HS team Love the V-grip . He has loads of other bats that are much nicer but the girls just Love that one . A girl brought one to my DD 14U practice and all the girls who tried it really liked it as well . It also seems to have pretty good POP for an aluminum bat with several girls putting them to the fence . The down side is that you cannot rotate the grip so eventually the face of the bat will be pounded completely flat . Of course 12-14 High school girls sharing 2 bats in both practice and games are probably gonna dish out a lot more abuse than 1 younger girl would over the course of a season or 2 .

Composite and composite hybrids are completely legal . The CF5 has gotten rave reviews and most of the girls who are outgrowing the already phenomenal CF4 are moving up to the CF5 .

Oct 25, 2009
Whatever you do, try out the TPS Xeno before you buy. Those bats are hot!

I even had a coach tell me last night not to recommend the Xeno to one of the kids who happens to hit the ball really hard anyway. She is only 11. She's already hit one over a 200' fence. Don't know what bat. He's afraid she will hurt someone with the Xeno. I almost agreed with him.

Jun 18, 2010
Whatever you do, try out the TPS Xeno before you buy. Those bats are hot!

Just bought a 2011 Xeno off ebay last night. The post said it was brand new (never been used), still wrapped, with receipt. With shipping the total came to $171.20. DD needed a new bat so for the price going to give this one a try.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
It's a bat that isn't popular but been around for at least 3 years. Seems a little more gimmick than anything.

But I hear this guy likes the RickRoll

RickRoll

Aug 18, 2011
Haha! I never considered that my username would scare people, but yeah... that's hilarious.

Anyway we decided to try to Mattingly Beast since composites are legal and the v-grip seemed interesting. My niece LOVES it so far and a few of the other girls on the team have seemed to take an interest too.

Not sure if there will be durability issues due to the fact that she can't "rotate the bat" but since she isn't exactly Barry Bonds I don't think there is much to worry about, she'll probably outgrow the bat before she breaks it.

Thanks for the replies.

Rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck