Louisville Slugger Xeno or Lxt??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 23, 2014
for a power hitter. I am looking for a bat with a lot of pop and durability ! Please explain you answer & help me find the perfect bat!!! Thank you!!!
for a 15 year old softball player!

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Nothing technical, but there are three girls on our TB team who have both a Xeno and LXT, and all 3 prefer the LXT but cannot tell me why.....

This is not rocket science ......the best bat for your DD is the one she is most comfortable hitting with ....buy her a Zeno and she might hate it give her an Easton and she might love it ahhhh. the magical power of the mind....

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
FWIW, my 11 y/o DD got to use both a 32/22 LXT and a 32/22 Xeno in 2013 fall ball. I ended up buying the Xeno for her for Christmas. Personally, I thought the LXT was just as good, but DD preferred the Xeno for whatever reason. I think it was merely because of the sound the Xeno gives on a solid hit. She likes that instant feedback.

Mar 28, 2013
Our Organization is sponsored by LS and we got 10 of each a few months ago to try out and use. the LXT was about a 3 to 1 favorite to the Xeno. Not saying the Xeno is not as good as the LXT its just the way the girls came down on them.Personally I'm on a wait and see with the Xeno because last year I saw way to many of them break,about five or six.want to see them last a season.

Jul 2, 2013
17 year DD, 2012 Xeno 33/24 still going strong. Goes 250' regularly. Was the favorite a couple years ago. Many on her team is now going to the LXT though.

Still DD's favorite. As with comparing these bats, it is all in the players minds. Both excellent bats, and the one my DD likes, with what seems like 6" of empty space between her ears, is the one I buy. Been pleased with the Xeno.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Nothing technical, but there are three girls on our TB team who have both a Xeno and LXT, and all 3 prefer the LXT but cannot tell me why.....

My DD is the opposite, well I guess that depends on which Xeno. My DD has a '13 Xeno, LXT, and '14 Xeno and she prefers them in this order. She says it "feels better" - whatever that means ??
1) '14 Xeno
2) LXT
3) '13 Xeno

BTW, the almost new '13 Xeno is now for sale :)

Sep 18, 2011
Has anyone seen any of the LS college teams in action this year? Curious what the big girls are using. We'll know soon enough once these games are on t.v.

FWIW my DD's team (and seemingly the entire org) prefers the 2014 Xeno (purple) over the LXT. But then again I doubt if many of them have even given the LXT a legit "test drive."

Dec 7, 2011
Anyone in the greater-than-12U national TB-A scene with a clear unbiased perspective can place anything name Xeno in a sentence that claims any kind of durability. These things were dropping like flies last summer.

I can't wait for this summer to see how the LXT goes with it's changed design from the infamous Xeno.....

I honestly hope & pray for LS to get their act together. Competition is good for all of us that buy these way-too-expensive tools for our DD's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad