Lost glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2021
Well, crap happens I guess. Poor kid lost her glove this weekend and now is having to face the consequences of that. Any recommendations of decent but in a kids budget or leads on a decent RH mitt? Will be filling up from a Mizuno Pro select. Dad bought the last one, she gets to pay for this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 27, 2021
Similar situation at one point. Got the Rawlings SCSB Sure Catch off EBAY. There are many sizes and colors available.

It has lasted 1.5 seasons of 12u, leather, and player ready right away.

Jan 27, 2021
She has been using a 12, budget currently is in the $150 range max. I had a soft heart last night and told her if she covers 1/2 the cash up front, I will loan her the rest to be paid off later. Hurts to see her have this growing pain, but seems necessary.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
She has been using a 12, budget currently is in the $150 range max. I had a soft heart last night and told her if she covers 1/2 the cash up front, I will loan her the rest to be paid off later. Hurts to see her have this growing pain, but seems necessary.

Okay, that price point puts you in the range of the Rawlings Liberty Advanced, Wilson A1000, Mizuno Prime Elite, and Marucci Palmetto. Your other option would be to look for someone selling a used glove of better quality, like a Heart of The Hide or A2000.

I have most of those in stock for $160 and under. If interested, please text me at 631-942-3516.

May 28, 2019

What's the alternative if she says screw you dad i'm not buying a glove? :lol: 🍿

Aug 5, 2022
Younger dd has a Wilson A1000 and we’ve been very happy with it. Older one has had several A2000.

Jan 27, 2021
All this makes me wonder if an Apple AirTag would survive if installed in the unused finger hole

Nov 18, 2015
Well, crap happens I guess. Poor kid lost her glove this weekend and now is having to face the consequences of that. Any recommendations of decent but in a kids budget or leads on a decent RH mitt? Will be filling up from a Mizuno Pro select. Dad bought the last one, she gets to pay for this one

Sorry for the confusion - was it a Mizuno Pro that she lost?

If $150 is your budget, that should get you a Liberty Advanced on sale, but IMO, that’s a considerable downgrade from the Mizuno. I think a Wilson 1000 may be more comparable, but don’t have much direct experience with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi