Glove recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2021
DD is a young 9 (2012) but big for her age (4’8, 85 lbs). She’s been using an 11” Mizuno Prospect for 2 seasons and catches well with it. She recently tried out for a 10u club team but ended up making a 12u team. We’re looking to upgrade her glove due to the bigger ball size and heavier use at the club level.

She tried on several youth and adult gloves at Dicks’ and couldn’t find anything she liked. The youth gloves all felt cheap and many of the adult gloves were too big for her hand.

Her main positions are pitcher, 2nd & 3rd.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a well made youth glove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
For a 9 year old, Bradley Gloves. Go to their site and check them out, better yet give them a call and discuss your situation with them. They’ll help you sort through size, web, and leather options.

Jun 26, 2019
I second Bradley gloves for her age.
We got one for my 12yo. Our very, very small 10yo didn’t want to give up her 11” prospect she has had since t ball but since she will be playing up for fall we wanted to get her in something bigger for the 12” ball. She was she stomped her little midget feet and told me she didn’t want a new glove so I found the exact same mizuno prospect s in 11 1/2” and 12” she accepted the 11 1/2”, bit the 12 is just too big for her so far

Oct 19, 2017
I recently went through this for my 9 year old DD.

We tried several gloves and ended up with a Rawlings Baseball R9 outfield Glove. Here is what we tried and our findings:

• Bradley Bandito - Awesome glove but the palm area is too thin/no padding. Very painful to use.
  • Vinci Fortus - Nice glove. Found it spread her fingers too far.
  • Wilson A1000 - Felt heavy compared to other gloves
  • Akadema AJB74 - Nice glove. Really wanted her to like it but it felt awkward in her hand.
  • Rawlings R9 Baseball Glove- Light and soft (not cheap). Not sure how long it will last but it felt comfortable in her hand and she liked the way it looked. We also kept the A1000 (good deal) that she can use once she gets a little bigger.
  • Mizuno Pro Select Fastpitch Glove - This thing is a tank. I kept it for myself.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021
I recommend Pro Lite youth baseball glove of Ranning, I bought it for my 10 year old son and he loves it, perfect for him. After just a few practices, the glove broke and my boy could easily close it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles