Looking for some feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2018

Looking for some feedback on this swing. She’s just recently switched styles from swinging down on the ball to turning the barrel. It looks decent to me but all of her coaches complain because of the follow through. They all assume she has a uppercut swing and keep telling her to swing down. It’s literally killing me lol.

Oct 2, 2017
She's looking great man! Especially since she just started working on it. She is far from uppercutting. They probably are see her arch her back a little too much, making them think she is uppercutting.

Have you asked them what they mean by swing down?

If I was you I would keep on with what you are doing. What age?

Sep 17, 2009
Has she taken that swing into games yet? Success usually shuts 'game' coaches up pretty quick. Swing looks good. Clemenslee1 this hitter creates stretch in the way I was describing for your DD...

May 22, 2018
She just turned 13 two weeks ago. Her old hitting coach would tell her to swing down to create backspin. She described it as a shoulder to pocket with your hands. Similar to putting on a seatbelt.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!"

That's a very good-looking swing. As long as her timing is good, I'm guessing she hits the ball very well.

Have you taught her the "Yes, coach" approach?

Oct 26, 2019
Her swing path is good. Her finish is high, but it really isn’t until well after contact which shouldn’t effect the swing plane at all. I see the finish as more style than anything.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
She just turned 13 two weeks ago. Her old hitting coach would tell her to swing down to create backspin. She described it as a shoulder to pocket with your hands. Similar to putting on a seatbelt.
Is she enjoying the new swing? She looks rather amazed about she did to the ball :devilish:

Jun 27, 2018
My DD went through exactly the same thing. Hitting coach changed her style to TTB from hitting down to the ball. (Do we have the same hitting coach?lol). He said she could handle it and he thought she would get more power in her swing. This happened at first year 16u. It took some time and backlash from coaches but it’s working very well for her now. Like really well. As she struggled the first year with adjusting to the style and coaches yelling at her to “give up that launch angle stuff” her hitting coach kept saying “trust the process”. Now it’s paying off big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 22, 2018
Is she enjoying the new swing? She looks rather amazed about she did to the ball :devilish:
She is! We picked up with a team to finish out the season so she hasn’t had a chance to use It very much but we’re about to fire up school ball so we should get plenty of chances there.

May 22, 2018
My DD went through exactly the same thing. Hitting coach changed her style to TTB from hitting down to the ball. (Do we have the same hitting coach?lol). He said she could handle it and he thought she would get more power in her swing. This happened at first year 16u. It took some time and backlash from coaches but it’s working very well for her now. Like really well. As she struggled the first year with adjusting to the style and coaches yelling at her to “give up that launch angle stuff” her hitting coach kept saying “trust the process”. Now it’s paying off big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s awesome. I hope all this hard work pays off. It’s so much work having a pitcher who can hit and play the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom