Looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 11, 2015
she looks different with her game swings. Stepping out slightly isn’t a problem. nice swing in game. spacing is a slight issue. Does she stay on the outside pitch well?

I believe that is where she is getting out most often. I do think she hit the ball harder and more consistently in the Fall then ever but she also swung and missed more then I have ever seen her do as well with a fair amount of ground balls to led to outs obviously.

Aug 20, 2017
Changeups are definitely not her friend. She does have a somewhat forward stance at the plate in relation to the plate to attempt to "cut" the changeup off a bit but yes she struggles with "staying back". Im sure thats a combination of pitch recognition and timing.

So are you saying that her back elbow needs to go back more, ie rearward towards her back to create more stretch?? Ill work on that aspect as I said earlier I believe the load/stretch portion is the issue in relation to driving the ball further and harder then she currently is.
Yes on the back elbow. The fact that she gets zero stretch keeps her from having adjustability in the swing. As many say on here, take the slack out of the swing during the stride. It’s not gonna be an easy fix and will take time. Getting stretch and maintaining is a big part of having adjustability in the swing. Again, do the pvc pipe progression Work posted with fidelity until she can’t stand it. It will fix the upper body load.

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah as I thought, you can tell she looks much more natural and relaxed, just seemed off the tee like she was focused on trying to swing "right" during the game looks like she is attacking the ball.

Kinda hard to tell from angle and distance but something does look slightly off with her elbow slot almost like she doesn't have one and just drops her hands but seems good going through the zone cant put my finger on it. Other thing I noticed is she really seems to dump/roll over with her hands during follow through. It's really obvious on the low pitch you can see her bat angle, I like what she does keeping hands above the ball and using the angle to contact the ball but then she still rolls her hands over and down almost like she is afraid to just have a natural upward follow through, especially with that location.

Keep up the good work and maybe next time she is doing BP get a traditional shot facing her.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
She always brings her hands in to her body which I feel is limiting things and I can’t figure out how to reprogram that.
Stop doing wrong tee work...your DD is 'aiming' her swing/hands. DD drops her hands level/leveling to the ball on both tee and live swings.
I'd 'reprogram' her by first doing high tee swings where the ball needs to go high into the back of the net. Of course learning to 'turn the barrel forward towards the ball' would help........ a lot.

Sep 29, 2014
Stop doing wrong tee work...your DD is 'aiming' her swing/hands. DD drops her hands level/leveling to the ball on both tee and live swings.
I'd 'reprogram' her by first doing high tee swings where the ball needs to go high into the back of the net. Of course learning to 'turn the barrel forward towards the ball' would help........ a lot.
Relooking at the tee swing almost looks like she is pulling her hands in as well. While i'm usually a "its style" guy, I think she could benefit from a much more traditional hand placement. Starting her back more, as in back towards catcher and back behind her more and back elbow up slightly and barrel more towards left field. This should put her in a more traditional position at toe touch. From there I think it might force her hands to a better path. I honestly think while this seems drastic she really isn't hat far off, I'm thinking maybe 2 to 3 inches back, behind and elbow up gives her a completely different look at toe touch, then she can turn the barrel much easier....gonna link another video below that might help explain thing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
giphy.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Can anyone provide her swing after becoming leveraged ? wondering if its a style thing until foot plant.

Hoping for this type of clip..

XHSjeFP.gif

Aug 11, 2015
Relooking at the tee swing almost looks like she is pulling her hands in as well. While i'm usually a "its style" guy, I think she could benefit from a much more traditional hand placement. Starting her back more, as in back towards catcher and back behind her more and back elbow up slightly and barrel more towards left field. This should put her in a more traditional position at toe touch. From there I think it might force her hands to a better path. I honestly think while this seems drastic she really isn't hat far off, I'm thinking maybe 2 to 3 inches back, behind and elbow up gives her a completely different look at toe touch, then she can turn the barrel much easier....gonna link another video below that might help explain thing.

Yes thats what I was saying in the very first post.
I guess I don’t know what turning the barrel is because it looks like she is to me. Albeit since her hands don’t go back far enough her path isn’t as long in the zone.
I agree with the thought of getting her elbow “up” a little on the scapular pull back. That should allow her to get flatter, earlier in her swing.
Thanks for the feedback

Nov 16, 2017
Can anyone provide her swing after becoming leveraged ? wondering if its a style thing until foot plant.

Hoping for this type of clip..

XHSjeFP.gif
Similar but different. She (OPs DD) starts with the bat several inches more away from her body. Look at the rear arm much more extended on the DD's swing. I agree with the above would be good to make an attempt at a more traditional leveraged position hand placement where she is very connected.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414