LOL, Video of my 4 yr old DD "pitching" with a 11" ball, bought the Worth Club K

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2013
LOL, Video of my 4 yr old DD "pitching" with a 11" ball, bought the Worth Club K

power line and she watched the instructional DVD that comes with it. She watch the feet placement once, and picked up right then. Today she said "daddy, can I go outside and pitch like Makenzie", and I said sure. So, I get the rubber and the plate and she begins to pitch. She wants to pitch and loves this game already at 4. This is the first time she ever went through the whole motion with a ball. I filmed it, memories, DD's, they don't stay young very long. I just thought it was neat that she wanted to go pitch. Usually when I'm working with Makenzie, those that have watched some of her videos, you have seen her running through the camera. While I'm working with Makenzie, she tells me to her tee, bat and balls and will go over there and get 50-75 swings in about 2-3 times a week. She may become the best one of the 3 girls, my DD, my step-DD, and Adalyn. All I know is you don't have to tell her, she tells me, she wants to practice AT FOUR!! It makes me proud dad, to know that I still have this little angel that will keep me around the diamond for many more years. Here's the link
Four year old Adalyn, learning to pitch - YouTube

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
That's awesome. Instinctive IR, too. Along w/ Amy's GDD, looks like we've got the makings of a solid pitching staff for the DFP Gold 5U team. PM GoingDeep for tourney information and travel details.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Thanks Greenmonster. I was interested in seeing how long 10U's Dad's 4 YO attention span was. Jocelyn's is a bit shorter than that, even. She is not quite 3 1/2. But, she is with me at several practices a week. It would be cute to get the 2 girls together.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
LOL. I love it. Seen that many times, we called it "Connect - a -dot" pitching method. "Let's see here...Raise the ball over my head... OK.. take a step... OK.. bring my arm down and throw... OK!"

Cute as heck.

Tell Mckenzie lil sister will be trying out for HER spot next season!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2013
That little girl is funny. Actually, we filmed her 3 different times, and just chose one to post. I started her out at 8 feet, and it was getting there pretty quick, so in this video, she was 15 feet from me. Thanks for the kind words, just one of those special memories, that I happened to get on film. Y'all should see her on the T. I showed her ONCE how to line her feet up and she must have a photographic memory, because she makes sure her feet are lined up every time. I'll put one of her swinging on the tee sometimes today. She isn't "swinging" correctly, but she gives it heck. She casts her hands like she's fishing lol, but how do you tell a 4 yr old to stay short and compact and use your hips, you don't lol

Mar 28, 2013
The part that showed me she has what it takes to live in the circle is the body language when you threw the ball back to her out of reach.The jeez cant you throw the ball dad,cant you see im dealin here!!LOL

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2013
The part that showed me she has what it takes to live in the circle is the body language when you threw the ball back to her out of reach.The jeez cant you throw the ball dad,cant you see im dealin here!!LOL

LOL, I know right, I was killing her with the bad throws, but when I rolled them to her she knew to bring the other hand to the ball and glove lol, We haven't even worked on throwing overhanded, much less underhanded LOL, we did work on catching the ball a little bit a couple of weeks ago.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
That little girl is funny. Actually, we filmed her 3 different times, and just chose one to post. I started her out at 8 feet, and it was getting there pretty quick, so in this video, she was 15 feet from me. Thanks for the kind words, just one of those special memories, that I happened to get on film. Y'all should see her on the T. I showed her ONCE how to line her feet up and she must have a photographic memory, because she makes sure her feet are lined up every time. I'll put one of her swinging on the tee sometimes today. She isn't "swinging" correctly, but she gives it heck. She casts her hands like she's fishing lol, but how do you tell a 4 yr old to stay short and compact and use your hips, you don't lol

Save that video until she is playing 16u or 18u. Break it out at a team party, they will fall over laughing. Been there, done that. It is priceless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi