Livestreaming setups?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2021
thanks for clarifying. i always wondered if it would be a problem. any reason why they dont make the mevo plus anymore?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
thanks for clarifying. i always wondered if it would be a problem. any reason why they dont make the mevo plus anymore?

This is pure speculation. But I think they focused on a smaller sensor to add more battery life. If not for COVID (supply chain) I would imagine they would have come out with a larger sensor camera with the new features included in the Start. We hope they do this at some point. The Start is a good stable camera. But the Plus is still better quality.

Apr 20, 2015
This is pure speculation. But I think they focused on a smaller sensor to add more battery life. If not for COVID (supply chain) I would imagine they would have come out with a larger sensor camera with the new features included in the Start. We hope they do this at some point. The Start is a good stable camera. But the Plus is still better quality.
Agree....the extended battery on the plus made life so much easier. My plus is held together with glue and duct tape at this point but I have no interest in the start and having to rig all my battery packs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2019
I bought a GoPro 9 about a month ago. It's been horribly inconsistent in stability. Locking up and dropping the WIFI from my hotspot (within 30'). The Go Pro app is awful. Not stable and inconsistent in use. I am returning it and am getting the MEvo Start. Have a buddy that streams using one. Great quality pic and he uses a scoring overlay. Trying to find out what he uses so we can test it. GC claims to be sunsetting the standard platform and moving to Manager. I am not in love with Manager, but the ability to stream and overlay directly from GC is great.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I bought a GoPro 9 about a month ago. It's been horribly inconsistent in stability. Locking up and dropping the WIFI from my hotspot (within 30'). The Go Pro app is awful. Not stable and inconsistent in use. I am returning it and am getting the MEvo Start. Have a buddy that streams using one. Great quality pic and he uses a scoring overlay. Trying to find out what he uses so we can test it. GC claims to be sunsetting the standard platform and moving to Manager. I am not in love with Manager, but the ability to stream and overlay directly from GC is great.

The overlays for Mevo streaming is most likely done using SidelineHD. Uses iScore and not compatible with GC, but a good product. Streaming in GC requires a smart phone/tablet as the camera device. You can use overlays in Mevo using their Vimeo subscription. But it isn't nearly as good (not even in the same ball park) as what Ben is doing with SidelineHD.

Agree with the issues when streaming with GoPro. GoPro and WiFi just aren't good together. And only allowing the ultra wide Field of View when streaming is maddening. But for pure recording, it is the gold standard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00