Lineup strategy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
At 10U rec, I let the kids decide--I simply batted them in the order they arrived for the game. It was hysterical seeing these kids running from the parking lot to the field to try to beat some other player. I won the league two or three times that way...

Feb 3, 2011
lol, sluggers! I do like that method and will try it a couple of times for sure.

Although we're doing our best with everyone, there are a few girls who just don't have aggressive instincts at the plate. We're probably going to see a lot of poor pitching this season, but I still want all our players planning to swing if it's a ball they can get to. I get that walks are part of the game, and even on walks, my team are required to run to 1st as fast as possible, but my philosophy for this level is that hits are better for a lot of reasons.

For our first game, I've decided to bat them in the order of their ability. Early in the season, I'll also be doing oldest to youngest, youngest to oldest, Sluggers' method, and one that's completely random. Once we get into the meat of the season and then the tournament, I expect we'll have them sorted into 3 groups and players will bat a different place within the group each game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez