Likely on purpose. Catcher hits batter in head.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2017
There is the problem and the smoking gun though … there is no play to be made. With no play, there cannot be interference. With no interference and no play, I only have malicious contact.
I agree.

I have no doubt it's something the coach has taught the catcher you do. The C sees the batter backing out of the box before she has thrown it back to the P, so she just fires it at the batter. The coach is an rear.

May 20, 2015
There is the problem and the smoking gun though … there is no play to be made. With no play, there cannot be interference. With no interference and no play, I only have malicious contact.

is intent fairly difficult to come up with IF the running is going to 3rd? let's assume the batter isn't WAY out of the line of fire......even if the catcher has done it before, i would assume intent is a difficult call to make?

DD2 has been a catcher since she was 8.....she turns 17 today.......i think i have seen her actually hit a batter maybe twice.......and the more obvious interference calls have been more with the batter entangled with her while attempting the throw......and that i've seen maybe 2 or 3 times

Jul 2, 2013
The fist video from the game there's a runner on third and it looks less blatant. The second one, the runner on second is actually walking back to the base when the catcher makes the throw. Definite ejection.

Dec 2, 2019
The fist video from the game there's a runner on third and it looks less blatant. The second one, the runner on second is actually walking back to the base when the catcher makes the throw. Definite ejection.
3b isn't ready to take a throw in either situation

Jul 2, 2013
3b isn't ready to take a throw in either situation

I don't disagree, but that's not the catcher's fault. Also, with it being the first time it happened in the game, I have to give the ump the benefit of the doubt and assume he saw a runner on third and determined it was an actual attempt. There's no excuse for the second one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06