LHT Catcher's Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 22, 2012
Needing some advice on a new mitt for my daughter. I would rather go try them on but she's left handed and we only have an Academy here. They don't even carry a LHT mitt beyond an entry level glove. I'm going to have to purchase one online somewhere or from a rep so I'm totally reliant upon your recommendations.

Just moved up to 12U. Plays exclusively in Travel ball and works 4-5 days a week with it. She has a Vinci fielding glove so I'm open to them, but truthfully I'm open to any high end glove. Hers is worn out and too small.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2012
West US
At 12 the Mizuno Zaphyr was great for her but pitchers in the 60's wore it down quickly 2 years later. Freshman year we bought the 34.5" Mizuno Samuri GSX31TG. She was diagnosed with a sprained thumb, met 2 other catchers with the same mitt and same issue. We found a screaming deal on the Nokona Buckaroo and it has lasted through 2 select seasons and 3 years school ball, still going strong.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
DD has an Akadema, it took a while to break in but is well built and she digs it. It's only a full season old and shows very little wear. It's a 2 year old model we got on ebay for $40, but is basically the AEA65.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes