Let them play ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
It drives me crazy when parents during a game, or even worse, when their kid is at bat, giving instructions loudly for all to hear. It happened during middle school games last year, when my DD was still recovering from knee surgery, just watching the games...a dad had to loudly tell his DD how to do everything, grip , swing, and on and on, throughout the at bat - even what she should have done with the last pitch and all that. I leaned over to my DD and quietly asked if she was happy I did nothing like that. Her reply was "OMG I would die" :)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It drives me crazy when parents during a game, or even worse, when their kid is at bat, giving instructions loudly for all to hear. It happened during middle school games last year, when my DD was still recovering from knee surgery, just watching the games...a dad had to loudly tell his DD how to do everything, grip , swing, and on and on, throughout the at bat - even what she should have done with the last pitch and all that. I leaned over to my DD and quietly asked if she was happy I did nothing like that. Her reply was "OMG I would die" :)
It's not OK for the coach to give instructions during an AB, either. Maybe encouragement, like you got this, see the ball well, confidence, nobody better, but never your dropping your back shoulder or my favorite, level swing.

Oct 16, 2019
It's not OK for the coach to give instructions during an AB, either. Maybe encouragement, like you got this, see the ball well, confidence, nobody better, but never your dropping your back shoulder or my favorite, level swing.
Those kids have enough on their mind when they get in that box - an outside voice is not going to help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles