Latest video of dd pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nuGtb5JCcpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Here is a video of the first couple innings of our tourney this weekend. We only played 3 games this weekend thanks to rain today. For the first time ever, our dirt Dag team won it's first 3 games. DD started and won 2 of the three games, going the distance in the first one. In her 7 innings of work She struck out 12 batters, only walking 3. She only hit 1 batter, which is amazing, and only gave up 2 hits(7 girls reach base but 5 were due to errors.
I hold no illusions as to the quality of our competition, we are all b teams at best. That said, this was my dd's best performance, ever! I am so proud of the way she pitched, hitting her spots working the ball around the zone. I have maintained that she is not the most talented girl out there, but she works her tail off!
Our pc moved to Texas a few mos back so we have been searching for a new one, so any feedback n help is greatly appreciated. We worked hard on her dragging her toe and eliminating her leap. It still crops up some, but is much better. She still turns her foot before pushing off the rubber.
Thanks!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sounds and looks like she is doing better, that's great. From the sound of your post, DD and the team seem to be heading in the right direction. Maybe it's a good thing the rain came.......so the girls can have that high of 3 straight wins as a mental building block for the next tourney.

Does everyone wear a mask?

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Sounds and looks like she is doing better, that's great. From the sound of your post, DD and the team seem to be heading in the right direction. Maybe it's a good thing the rain came.......so the girls can have that high of 3 straight wins as a mental building block for the next tourney.

Does everyone wear a mask?

We are gonna finish tourney next weekend.
And yes, everyone wears a mask.

Jul 14, 2008
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nuGtb5JCcpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My only complaint is WHERE IS THE SOUND???.......I love the sights AND sounds of the game.......

After a strike........"WE WANT ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE THE OTHER ONE!".......

After a ripped foul ball........"GOOD CONNECTION---WRONG DIRECTION----MAKE THAT CORRECTION!".......

To the hitter......."COMMON BATTER GET A HIT!----BIG HIT----LITTLE HIT----ANY HIT!".......

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
My only complaint is WHERE IS THE SOUND???.......I love the sights AND sounds of the game.......

After a strike........"WE WANT ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE THE OTHER ONE!".......

After a ripped foul ball........"GOOD CONNECTION---WRONG DIRECTION----MAKE THAT CORRECTION!".......

To the hitter......."COMMON BATTER GET A HIT!----BIG HIT----LITTLE HIT----ANY HIT!".......

HA!HA!HA! I try to turn the sound off so you don't hear how much of a hick I sound like! It doesn't sound that bad in my head but when I hear myself on video my south GA accent really stands out.
Since there hasn't been much criticism am I safe to assume we we are on the right track and dd is doing well mechanic's wise?

Jun 6, 2011
I'm no expert on Pitching but I would suggest you put your camera right up to the fence, thus getting rid of the fence in the shot. And I would also video from the 3rd base side.
She is awfully cute though. I'm sure others with more knowledge will give you feedback on her pitching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles