Kim Schuette resigns as Purdue softball coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
It's very late for the new coach to recruit 2017s, so your DD's future at Purdue most likely depends on whether they have other players/recruits they want to bring with them. It might also help if the pitching coach stays with the program.

Your DD should contact Schuette and any assistants that helped recruit her. They may want to bring her with them to their next school or know of schools that would be interested in her. Good luck and best wishes.

I'll bet Purdue hires a woman. Any takers?

Thanks for the info! The entire staff was let go, so the AD is starting from ground zero hiring a new staff.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sounds like good advice there.

Not that I know first-hand, but just makes sense that you're not going to be able to get many new 2017 players at this late stage to replace what you've got, and as long as you were a legit Big Ten player to begin with, you're going to be fine. Was talking yesterday with a player who just joined Virginia because of the new coach there, and she indicated that all the 2017 players' offers were honored.

Sure hope it works out.

Yes, the new coaching staff will be behind the 8-ball on the 2017 recruits. A new coach will probably be hired in August, after Nationals are completed and most teams are holding tryouts and not playing tournaments, so they will be on a tight time line for 2017 recruits that are scheduled to sign in November.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just heard from the Associate Athletic Director that they are going to honors DDs verbal commitment, so that is one less thing we have to worry about! Thanks for all of the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes!

May 17, 2012
The games I saw she didn't do a very good job of game managing. Too many ill timed bunts that kept putting her team at a disadvantage (from scoring). I also wasn't impressed with the cuts and relays defensively.

Jut my anecdotal observations.

Mar 26, 2013
Just heard from the Associate Athletic Director that they are going to honors DDs verbal commitment, so that is one less thing we have to worry about!
I'm sorry to say it is risky to rely on that and therefore you should pursue other options just in case. I know of 2 girls whose verbals were not honored after receiving assurances - one from an AD after the coach departed and the other from the new coach shortly after they were hired. They operate in their best interest, which is to keep all their options open until the new coach can fully assess the verbals vs any alternatives they know about from recruiting for their previous job.

Your DD should similarly explore other options until she establishes a relationship with the new coach and knows they are committed to her. Possible interest from other schools would also bolster your DD's bargaining position, especially if they try to renegotiate the terms of her deal.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm sorry to say it is risky to rely on that and therefore you should pursue other options just in case. I know of 2 girls whose verbals were not honored after receiving assurances - one from an AD after the coach departed and the other from the new coach shortly after they were hired. They operate in their best interest, which is to keep all their options open until the new coach can fully assess the verbals vs any alternatives they know about from recruiting for their previous job.

Your DD should similarly explore other options until she establishes a relationship with the new coach and knows they are committed to her. Possible interest from other schools would also bolster your DD's bargaining position, especially if they try to renegotiate the terms of her deal.

Good advice, thanks!

Dec 7, 2011
My DD's commit was honored with a new coach coming in. I strongly believe year 2 is the first year a new coach would "affect" their recruits and I bet more like year three. (pitching getting affected in year 2 if it needed it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi