Kids, don't be stupid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Yup, know a player got a little money to play softball. Got caught on video stealing makeup from her teammates in the locker room. Kicked out of the program and lost the $ for school. What's really the stupid thing is if she had asked the girl to use the makeup she probably would have let her. OH VEY KIDS!!!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have no sympathy for the young man. He was abusing a woman, on tape. She is caught up in the cycle and is now asking for leniency. This whole scenario is quite common. The abuser can typically make it about him and get even the victim to be sympathetic.

Surely, no college needs him.

I knew a young lady that thought that she was going to play softball at ASU. She stole a HS teacher's test, so that was the end of that.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
The year before my DD was a freshman the HS softball team screwed up big time.

Our town has a tradition that incoming seniors paint their names on a local road (law enforcement looks the other way and makes sure everything is safe). The next night the rival team went out to that street and painted nasty things over and about the softball players names. In retaliation, the seniors effected went out to the rival teams softball field and things got out of hand... New scoreboard broken by rocks thrown at it; bases dug up and thrown into river; condoms thrown all over the field; 3X6 "graves" were dug in the outfield; thousands of dollars damage done. Fortunately the rival team didn't press charges but insisted that the girls involved be removed from the team (just before playoffs) and be required to do community service in the rival's town.

Results: One player lost DI scholarship; one player quit playing softball (very good player); incident was in the local newspaper for that year and the following year - very embarrassing for the players and their families.

The player that lost her scholarship ended up playing at a JC for 2 years and is now on a scholarship at a DI college in the midwest.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Speaking of teens being stupid, one night my then HS junior son left with some friends that he had known his whole life. It wasn't long before a deputy arrived at our house to report that these little dears had egged 2 teachers homes.

This was totally out of character for my son and we were flabbergasted. Charges were filed and they were all suspended from school for 5 days. It cost my son the valedictorian ranking.

But, he learned that maybe these kids weren't his friends and that mob mentality is not a good thing.

Oct 19, 2009
I see this all the time, at 18 a kid does something out of character, gets arrested and pleads quality and goes on with their life. Then they graduate and find that the charge prohibits them from working in the field they had worked so hard to get a degree in.

One conviction can follow you all your life, I’ve tried to explain this to my daughter. I hope she listens.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm not going to mention any names, but I did know a wild eyed HS pitcher who was known to pull a prank or two. A rival school had come during school hours and egged the dugout and rolled some players cars with toilet paper in the parking lot. So this guy went to his fathers shed and got some "round up type product" and filled a sprayer full. 3 days before the two schools would play each other he drew " U SUCK " in huge letters in the outfield grass late at night. 2 days go by and nothing had happened, on the 3rd day......boom......the chemicals kicked in and killed the grass with U SUCK just as bright as day.

The other school was not happy, but never could find the person as they couldn't determine "who" had done the spraying. They actually thought it was the school they played the night before and beat, and a player retaliated.

Again, my lips are sealed.

Apr 13, 2010
Speaking of teens being stupid, one night my then HS junior son left with some friends that he had known his whole life. It wasn't long before a deputy arrived at our house to report that these little dears had egged 2 teachers homes.

This was totally out of character for my son and we were flabbergasted. Charges were filed and they were all suspended from school for 5 days. It cost my son the valedictorian ranking.

But, he learned that maybe these kids weren't his friends and that mob mentality is not a good thing.

Ouch. That was a heavy price to pay. One hell of a lesson though.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What Tony Farmer did was a long way from a prank. He slapped a woman several times, dragged her around by her hair and then kicked her a couple of times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA