Kids coaching bases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Does anyone outside of necessity have kids coach the bases? I remember playing little league growing up that coaches were not
allowed on the field so usually the older kids would coach bases. I'm tempted to try this in some friendlies to give them a better
perspective of what's going on? Not even sure it's legal any more.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Does anyone outside of necessity have kids coach the bases? I remember playing little league growing up that coaches were not
allowed on the field so usually the older kids would coach bases. I'm tempted to try this in some friendlies to give them a better
perspective of what's going on? Not even sure it's legal any more.

Is it necessity when it is too hot and I am too lazy to leave the dugout? I have an 18U team and I do it for the reasons you state. It should be legal so long as they wear a brain bucket.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Personally I think the girls enjoy it, though we did it in a tournament once and were accused of making a mockery of the game!:mad: The coaches, on the other hand, just make a muckery of the game.:rolleyes:

A helmet is mandatory.

May 6, 2012
Texas
Cant say I have ever seen it during a TB tournament but I seen it in LL and it is legal as long as a helmet is wore. I think its a good learning tool for the girls as long as the girls are mature enough to be in that spot.

Jun 11, 2013
I think I'm going to try it next tournament in Pool play for a game. I'll still give signals, but want to give it a shot.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Seen it a few times in Pool Play. I do it in LL. The girls love it and I would like to think it makes them understand that part of the game more.

Jul 30, 2013
I can't be in the sun much right now as I am going through radiation treatments. Having my daughter coach 1st in LL has been a big help when I am short on coaches. She seems to enjoy it as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz