Just the beginning

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2022
Father of 2 daughters both starting to play.

They just turned 9 and 6.

The 9y/o has been pitching about a year at the 8u rec all star level, is moving up to 10u and starting to take it more seriously and the 6 y/o wants to start pitching like big sis.

I was a rec coach for them in ball and assistant coach as much as possible now. Found this site when trying to learn more about HE vs IR and super glad I did.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Father of 5 DD's here ... 3 who played fast pitch, 1 who played soccer, 5 who played music spawning a family band, 1 who loved school and learning, 1 who could have learned what ever she wanted but was happy with B's, 3 who went to school only so they could play in the game that night ... Like snow flakes they were all different who grew into good adults ... My 2 cents is that you will get out of it what you put into it ... My advice is not to take anything to seriously, them or yourself ... Take time to laugh and play together and realize that in 2-3 years your 9 year old is going to be unrecognizable ... When you say "Good morning Honey" she will burst into tears and run out of the room ... She will come back. Enjoy every second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1