Jugs Lite Flite Machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
Anybody use the jugs small ball pitching machine? Wasn't looking for one but just happened to run into a guy who is selling one as his DD is off to college. Thought about buying it but looking for opinions. Probably would use this in my basement.

I bought this as a package deal with the lite flght machine. I still have the small ball machine. IMO, it can be a decent hand-eye tool/toy for sac bunting, but that's about it. It can be used in the house if you have the length/room. As with the lite flight, I would rather have the balls than the machine.

Jun 12, 2015
For a non-expensive, non-electrical option, I've use the Blue Flame for a couple of years and love it: https://www.amazon.com/Louisville-S...4?s=team-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1480448637&sr=1-4

It can launch a SBall up to 44mph and realistically reproduces the variability of a real pitcher. Not every pitch is exactly down the middle, which is a good thing for teaching "eye on the ball."

There is also a Black Flame version that advertises that it can send a SBall 50mph, but I haven't played with it yet. I can tell you that when I put a radar on the Blue Flame, the measured speeds were very close to the advertised ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi