Joining the family

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
Well, I thought travel ball would wait a few years for me, but I'm joining the club this year as my oldest just made a 12U team. Never thought that she had the desire to play travel ball and while the talent started to come around, I still thought her most likely path would be making our league's B team or returning for another year of rec ball with another shot at All Stars. If she decided to play at all. :) But, she put things together reasonably well at a tryout, and is now a proud member of a promising team. You tell them work hard, be coachable, dream big but be humble, and its a pretty cool feeling when they take it to heart and it works out. Now I get to find ways to spend my time coaching the 8Us and watching 12u tournaments this year. Any and all advice is much appreciated.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Enjoy it while you can! It seems like just yesterday my DD was 9 playing first year 10U and now she is a second year 16U.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Last summer was our 1st year in TB. I loved it. Was fortunate to have my DD play for a great coach with a great group of parents. Too bad DD had to move up. :(

Advice: Start saving money now!!!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
It's over in a blink. Seems like yesterday, dd was a little bobble head in tee ball. Now she's prepping for college. Time really does fly.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Fastpitch travel ball was probably the best years I've had around the diamond, more so than many years of baseball. The girls seemed more "appreciative" of the opportunities ( practice, fellowship, travel, seeing new places, game and life experience ) than the boy side. I sure do miss working with them. Guess I'm waiting now on a grandchild. :( ( prob 10 years from now )

Enjoy the ride, it's an adventure!!

Oct 2, 2012
Welcome to it. We're in our 6th season of TB with 2 daughters playing. Enjoy it and try to remember it IS just a game. So so easy to get caught up in all the BS that accompanies TB.:)

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
She's going to learn a lot! It won't always be easy, but sometimes learning isn't easy.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Welcome to the madness!! DD has been playing TB since she was 6 and I can honestly say it has been some of the most rewarding times I have spent with my family. Good luck in your upcoming season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi