jennie finch retires!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
Jennie Finch has had a remarkable career to say the least. I can totally relate to her wanting more family time and wanting to step back from the limelight a little.
See it is just like it was said before: "They will always be people but not always softball players."
Absouloutley nothing is as important as family.
Softball is great and it has been a huge part of my life for a long time but at some point we all have to step down.
I only hope the very best for Jennie and her family.

Oct 19, 2009
My daughter and myself have been a fan of hers for years; she played the game with grace and energy. Not only was she a great pitcher, her play at first and hitting was extraordinary. We will miss seeing her play and we appreciate the contribution she made to the game of softball and her representing the USA.

Good luck you will be missed.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I will definitely miss her, but I think she has left softball in good hands (her leaving won't make softball fall apart)

With everyone in the NCAA world series and all the other USA players, softball will go on! And Jennie says she's gonna keep promoting softball.

We'll miss you Jennie!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
There is a major indoor training center (gym) sitting empty here in Marana, AZ. (Tucson). I was just thinking about the type of facility she and her husband could put in there. That would be great.

Aug 17, 2009
Baltimore, MD
The USSSA Nationals for 8u, 10u, 12u, and 14u just happen to be in Orlando next week. We will be attending the 12u division and will be able to see her pitch at Wide World of Sports Complex on Sunday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish