is there a need . . .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
playing at a field this past weekend with no cover over the dugouts (chain link fence dugout), had a brief shower that stopped game for about 10 minutes, got me thinking, about the need for a product that be portable and easy set up tarp to go over dugouts like this (for rain and sun protection).

several times we have moved EZ ups to do this, but it is normally haphazard, and one time damaged and ezup. a simple tarp by itself will not work for rain, as rain would accumulate and eventually make tarp fail somehow.

is there anything like this out there? most things I have thought of include a center pole to prevent rain from accumulating (ie makes center a point), and this would have to be inside the dugout, and would without fail get knocked over repeatedly.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Probably be more work and aggravation than it's worth! When Anna was playing 14U, we played in a Hell bowl in Savannah, GA. This one "complex" we played at had no roof on the dugouts, it was like being pinned down by a blow torch!

That tournament, among who knows how many tournaments still stands out as the hottest we've ever played! Our Org president got the parents together Sunday before we left to drive home, he apologized for the heat.....and for the terribly run tournament, he said we'd never as long as he's the president have to worry about ever playing in Savannah again!

That's the only (no-roof) tournament I can remember, all the complexes we play at have roofs on the dugouts!

May 6, 2015
Id say about we play on fields without dugout roof about 25% of the time, so would probably be nice

Apr 25, 2019
What if you had something like this that they use for trash roll offs? It's got a hand crank on one side and can roll open and closed really easily. Rolls up and store the handle somewhere out of the way.

Attachments

• rocontainer07.jpg
    rocontainer07.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 13
Oct 4, 2018
Oh, the dugouts.

Not sure which I dislike the most...

A) Cinder Block Jail Cell Native American Sweat Lodge
B) No Roof Sunburn Special
C) No Gates Heads Up for Foul Shots to the Noggin
D) Dirt Floor Mud Pit

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
I would say yes...we have used a couple tarps and bungee cords at the kids games, baseball/softball, when needed. Have used the 10x10 tents. whatever I have in the back end lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13