Insider Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2009
Here's Washington's Niki Williams going opposite field for a triple in the 5/28/2010 Super Regional tournament. Maybe you could tell her that she's wrong also.

6hmakz.gif

Here's Pujols pushing a HR to RF.

V_H_HD_BB_Public_AlbertPujols_1B_HR_ToRF_09-018_20FPS_SF.gif

Note the bat and front forearm in alignment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2009
Here's Washington's Niki Williams going opposite field for a triple in the 5/28/2010 Super Regional tournament. Maybe you could tell her that she's wrong also.

6hmakz.gif

It's the height of arrogance to say anything about the clip above, given that you can see neither the bat nor her forearm.

But I assume that makes it easier for you to project your views onto a clip.

P.S. For those playing along at home, never trust a theory that is only "proven" through the use of blurry clips.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
In a good swing, the forearm and the barrel of the bat are aligned. Since the IB has a curved shaft, the result of a good, whippy swing will be a big pull hook.

Due to the curve in the shaft, if you're hitting the ball up the middle with the IB, you're doing something wrong.

As an FYI, I perform a drill with my hitters which verifies that they are getting their lead arm and barrel aligned with the ball at 'contact'. None of my hitters had an issue with improper alignment when using the Insider Bat. All I can say is that my experience with the Insider Bat doesn't equate to what you appear to be describing here.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It's the height of arrogance to say anything about the clip above, given that you can see neither the bat nor her forearm.

But I assume that makes it easier for you to project your views onto a clip.

P.S. For those playing along at home, never trust a theory that is only "proven" through the use of blurry clips.

IMO, arrogance would be denying video and making up excuses that it isn't clear enough to your liking. But I respect your opinion, even if video doesn't always support it.

ehcua.gif

Oct 12, 2009
IMO, arrogance would be denying video and making up excuses that it isn't clear enough to your liking. But I respect your opinion, even if video doesn't always support it.

ehcua.gif

You can't see her front arm or the bat due to blurring.

Poor clips = Poor conclusions.
Good clips = Good conclusions.

This clip clearly shows what good hitters do on outside pitches.

V_H_HD_BB_Public_AlbertPujols_1B_HR_ToRF_09-018_20FPS_SF.gif

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
As an FYI, I perform a drill with my hitters which verifies that they are getting their lead arm and barrel aligned with the ball at 'contact'. None of my hitters had an issue with improper alignment when using the Insider Bat. All I can say is that my experience with the Insider Bat doesn't equate to what you appear to be describing here.

You're contradicting yourself.

Why would you post this clip...

ehcua.gif

...and say it support's the IB's design goal of getting the hands ahead of the bat when you yourself don't want the hands ahead of the bat?

You can't have it both ways.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You're contradicting yourself.

Why would you post this clip...

ehcua.gif

...and say it support's the IB's design goal of getting the hands ahead of the bat when you yourself don't want the hands ahead of the bat?

You can't have it both ways.

You are improving. At least you aren't denying the video when it is made plainly obvious.

Why state that someone is stating something that they haven't stated? Instead of playing straw-man games, how about discussing content? If it isn't too much trouble it would be appreciated if you could address some of the earlier question to you. I'm not following your definition of a "pull hook" and how it is the result of a good swing. If you could describe that, it would be appreciated.

Jan 31, 2010
I'm not a video expert but, AP seems to be leaning forward (tilt) and his shadow is slightly behind him. That may place the ball on the outside part of the plate, based on the ball's shadow. Before you react to me, we use the IB for T work and front-toss wiffle-balls.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
FFS

You said the hand and elbow that Hitter was talking about being stacked could not happen however AP seems to show it happening in the clip Chris has shared. Could it be a drill or a device may be interpreted more than one way?

Just what is it you teach anyway? Is it all Epstein or a blend of HI and Epstein? Are you a certified Epstein instructor?

Straightleg

Jul 28, 2008
2vi06qd.gif
2licwmo.gif

SL,

can you see the barrel being pulled out from underneath itself?

Lil'E VIP

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA