I'm one more snarky remark away from hitting a coach!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
So the other day, at the pre-game conference at the plate, I was apologizing to an ump about a very heated "conversation" we had during the previous game. I said "I still think you made the wrong call, and I lost my cool. Sorry about that..." The ump says back "No, it was fine. I did make the wrong call." My reply was "Yeah, you did. I got pretty angry."

(Very civil, huh? This ump and I are actually pretty cool. I run into him a lot...)

The other team's coach however, sticks his nose in at this point, and says "Just like a woman."
:eek:

This is three times THIS season I have heard from a man coach some remark about my woman-ness.

How is a good way to remind them that softball is a sport full of GIRLS, and that as a GIRL myself, I am the only one of the bunch that really gets them?
I either need to find a good comeback, or I'm gonna lose it one day and deck one of them...:rolleyes:

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Pretty unsporting to say something like that pre-game. The only way to win is to stay above it.

If you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty. The difference is the pig likes it.

Bad calls are frustrating. Ive seen so many horrible calls even at nationals, that I think its really a disservice not to always have 3 umpires for every game. The only consolation is that on average, as many should go your way as go against you. In that regard coming out on top does take some luck sometimes if teams are fairly evenly matched.

May 12, 2008
Some people are just jerks. Some people are clever jerks. I've watched coaches get all in the heads of the opposing coaches to the point they were spitting mad and couldn't think. Keep your head and win the game.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
"I see and keep quiet." Yes, I had to google it. But, I did know who Elizabeth the 1st was.

Coaches with "rabbit ears" are never a good thing. I would have some come backs, but none of them would be appropriate to say in front of the girls.

The offending coach has never heard that saying about it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, rather then to speak and prove it.

May 13, 2008
Raleigh NC
How is a good way to remind them that softball is a sport full of GIRLS, and that as a GIRL myself, I am the only one of the bunch that really gets them?
I either need to find a good comeback, or I'm gonna lose it one day and deck one of them...:rolleyes:

Look him straight in the eye and say " hey, doesn't your wife let you talk at home"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06