I/R change?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
Trust me we haven't mastered the whole I/R pitching yet but just wanted to ask about a change up for this type of pitching? Do you still throw change with I/R or deliver differently ?

Just a topic I was coureous about

Chad

May 17, 2012
It depends on what change you are throwing. To me the best change is the one that Rick Pauley advocates which is the shove change. In the case of the shove you are indeed limiting the internal rotation of the the humerus.

My daughter also throws a knuckle change but needs I/R to get the ball to home plate. Without I/R on the knuckle change she throws she would be consistently short. In the case of this pitch the brakes are applied via the grip (first two knuckles are on the ball).

The bottom line is that for the change you have to apply the breaks somewhere in the process.

I would assume the same goes for the palm change and the flip change but we discarded those years ago.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2013
It depends on what change you are throwing. To me the best change is the one that Rick Pauley advocates which is the shove change. In the case of the shove you are indeed limiting the internal rotation of the the humerus.

My daughter also throws a knuckle change but needs I/R to get the ball to home plate. Without I/R on the knuckle change she throws she would be consistently short. In the case of this pitch the brakes are applied via the grip (first two fuckers are on the knuckle).

The bottom line is that for the change you have to apply the breaks somewhere in the process.

I would assume the same goes for the palm change and the flip change but we discarded those years ago.

Hope that helps.

uhhhh what are on the knuckle?

JJS

Jan 9, 2015

My daughter also throws a knuckle change but needs I/R to get the ball to home plate. Without I/R on the knuckle change she throws she would be consistently short. In the case of this pitch the brakes are applied via the grip (first two **** are on the knuckle).

Hope that helps.

I'm pretty sure you want to edit this, LOL

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2013
Well now I know why my DD's change hasn't been working. I'm still chuckling. Thanks Gunner for waking me up at work :)

May 17, 2012
I have edited the original post for the sake of the children that could be reading.

I have sat here and tried to think how I made that typo and sadly I have come to the conclusion I am just getting old. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd