I need suggestion for new bat for my daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Nobody in town has these bats to try out. She is 11 and 5ft and 80 lbs. she swung an AXE bat all last season which was a 31/19 -12 drop. I was thinking a -11 with the new bat but most on this site are saying to go with a drop 10? So the Xeno is end loaded, if I went with a drop 11, 31/20 Xeno would she notice huge difference since it's considered end loaded but only an ounce heavier? I have heard a lot of good reviews on the demarinis CF8 but durability issues with the drop 11

End load will make the swing feel heavier and is a good choice for a strong, power hitter. For a younger player who may not have developed her strength yet, I would stay with balanced. My DD was about the same size as yours at that age and had a 31/11. We looked at -10's, but she just felt it made her a little slower. The -11 was a good choice for her.

DD has the CF9 Balanced right now and likes it. A girl on her team had the CF8 last year and it had good pop. At 80lbs, I don't think your DD is probably swinging so hard or seeing such fast pitching that she'll need to worry about durability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi