I need suggestion for new bat for my daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2017
This^^^ - Get her into a 31/21

The 31/21 LXT, CF8, CF9 would be a good...the Xeno may swing a touch heavier. Then, the next step can be a 32/22 Xeno :)
[MENTION=13308]strawman[/MENTION] 31/21 Mako for $75 would also work (it will swing a touch heavier than the LXT, CF8, & CF9 - https://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-equipment-product-reviews/sof...ers-glove.html
What is difference between CF8 and CF9? And I've read about a lot of durability issues with those?

Mar 15, 2017
DD just turned 10 and switched from a LXT 29/18 to a Rawlings Quattro 31/21 and loves it. Got it brand new for $199 total with shipping. I got a sour taste towards anything Wilson because of what they did to Core.

Apr 5, 2017
what would you choose between the Xeno Plus -10 31/21 or the Demarini CF8 -10 BALANCED 31/21 OR the Demarini CF8 -10 Insane? isn't the insane more for older power hitters?

Mar 15, 2017
The Xeno will general feel heavier compared to the demarini. The insane is an end loaded bat but still swings nice. My middle daughter has a Xeno 32/22 and says it feels heavier than her 34/24 insane. I didn't really believe her at first until I swung both and sure enough, she was right. If you can find a store that has all 3, have your DD swing away and go with what feels best to her. My 10yo who just got the Quattro could swing the insane better than the Xeno. But of course both are to big but this will hopefully give you an idea for swing weight

Apr 5, 2017
The Xeno will general feel heavier compared to the demarini. The insane is an end loaded bat but still swings nice. My middle daughter has a Xeno 32/22 and says it feels heavier than her 34/24 insane. I didn't really believe her at first until I swung both and sure enough, she was right. If you can find a store that has all 3, have your DD swing away and go with what feels best to her. My 10yo who just got the Quattro could swing the insane better than the Xeno. But of course both are to big but this will hopefully give you an idea for swing weight

I don't see any of these in any local stores to try out so I am just trying to get an idea from people whos kids are my daughters age/size. but do you guys feel she should be using a -10, rather than a -11 ?

Mar 15, 2017
I would go -10 as I just did with my own DD who just turned 10 a month ago. Quattro, LXT, CF8/9 can't really go wrong with either. Xenos are nice as well but they do swing on the heavier side so you might want to stick with the first 3.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I don't see any of these in any local stores to try out so I am just trying to get an idea from people whos kids are my daughters age/size. but do you guys feel she should be using a -10, rather than a -11 ?

Have her swing both and see what she likes. I'll go against what most are saying here. At 10 years old, I'd rather see my DD go -11 and have better bat control. Better control, leads to more consistent contact, leads to more confidence. There is no magic that will happen at -10, especially if her bat speed slows down. Each kid is different and there is no right or wrong answer, otherwise there wouldn't be the all these options.

Kids get superstitious about their bats, if she finds something she loves, go with it!

Apr 5, 2017
Have her swing both and see what she likes. I'll go against what most are saying here. At 10 years old, I'd rather see my DD go -11 and have better bat control. Better control, leads to more consistent contact, leads to more confidence. There is no magic that will happen at -10, especially if her bat speed slows down. Each kid is different and there is no right or wrong answer, otherwise there wouldn't be the all these options.

Kids get superstitious about their bats, if she finds something she loves, go with it!
Nobody in town has these bats to try out. She is 11 and 5ft and 80 lbs. she swung an AXE bat all last season which was a 31/19 -12 drop. I was thinking a -11 with the new bat but most on this site are saying to go with a drop 10? So the Xeno is end loaded, if I went with a drop 11, 31/20 Xeno would she notice huge difference since it's considered end loaded but only an ounce heavier? I have heard a lot of good reviews on the demarinis CF8 but durability issues with the drop 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi