I"m taking my life back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I played in a booster club golf tourney today and we won!(This is the brag part) I have decided that I need to focus on me getting better at golf instead of focusing on my kid getting better at softball! I have control of that.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD does not know it but I quit golf when she was born.

Good luck with golf it will drive you nuts.

Look up cannonball, I think he is golf instructor.

Jun 8, 2016
My father quit playing golf before I was born. Apparently he was pretty good but never talked about it. I asked my Mom once why he stopped playing and she told me the last time he played he had a short putt
to win a tournament. He missed it and then promptly took his golf bag with all his clubs in it and threw them in the lake and never played again. Since he and I have similar personalities this probably explains
why I never bothered trying to play....

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
I played in a golf league and played softball (slow pitch) tournaments on weekend until my DD turned 7. Then I coached her LL team and then went to TB the next year. I now play maybe 2 just for fun tournaments a year and average about 36 holes of golf per year. I am lucky that our TB family is pretty close knit and we enjoy spending our weekends/holidays/vacations etc. together.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I used to play a couple times a week, but stopped once the kids started sports. Now that DD is 16, and DS is 13, I'm trying to get DS to start playing. Some of my best memories are playing a round with my dad and his friends and/or my friends, and having a couple beers afterward. I always wish he and I could have played a little more often.

Just like we tell our DD's in softball, golf is the same (only with beer and cigars)... enjoy the ride.

Apr 16, 2013
I used to road race motorcycles. I told my wife just give me these years, then it's all yours after that. My son was maybe 6 or 7 and daughter still a toddler. I lived up to my part of the deal and called it quits, even though I qualified for my pro license and had some good sponsorship offers. Honestly, seeing your children succeed at things carries such a high level of pride, way more than anything I succeeded at. I look at my trophies, lots of pretty high level ones, just sitting in boxes in the attic, and don't really miss it. I love nothing more than spending a weekend watching my DD play. My wife now buys what she wants and I get a new pair of shoes every 2 years. I'm happy. LOL

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Golf might be DH solution....he quit playing once I quit. He was too bossy fo my liking. I actually enjoyed playing while clueless, I was much better and enjoyed the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619