I love streaming video technology!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Session beer is a beer that was produced to consume during working hours. Generations ago, the day would be broken up into two work periods, with a lengthy break in-between the two work periods. During this break period the workers would have a beer, or two. So a beer was produced to drink during these break sessions; they are called session beers. They are generally a good tasting IPA without the kicked up hops and high alcohol content.

Learned something new today!!!

Sep 15, 2011
Oh come on...Sip of Sunshine is the most over-rated, over-hyped beer, normal IPA I have ever had. I'd like to know where you were able to purchase more than two cans at a time....Oh, and tell JF I said Hi :cool:

I don't buy it as it is overpriced but it is still a great IPA. Eli Cannons has it on tap and I had a few last night at a "coaches meeting". I told Jay you said hi. He said TJ who? ;) Just kidding.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I don't buy it as it is overpriced but it is still a great IPA. Eli Cannons has it on tap and I had a few last night at a "coaches meeting". I told Jay you said hi.

Never had it on Tap, and everything is better on Tap so I'll have to retract my opinion (a little). Yeah...JF just texted me....told him not to bother me as I'm having a serious discussion about beer at the moment. Next time were at the same tourney I'll bring some samples and we'll have to share our thoughts on beers...looking forward to it.

TTYL and good luck the rest of the season.

T

Dec 20, 2012
You guys are making drinking beer way too complicated! Buy cheapest beer, add salt and lime, drink beer. lol

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
As a beer snob, I only say this "off the record": For hot summer days and mass consumption, the Summer Shandys are the way to go. Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy and Leinenkugel go down real easy.

Now for the record, my current favorite is Lawson's Sip of Sunshine. Absolutely one of the best IPAs there is. Of course at 8%, not really a session beer so I limited myself to 3 last night.
Cleaning out the barn last night and the summer shandys were flowing. Good beer for thirst quenching.

On a softball note, we were trying to really get rid of everything we don't use anymore. Yet I could not part with any catchers gear. I know she is done pitching, and in fact I haven't caught her in well over a year. But you never know, she might change her mind.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Is "session beer" the politically correct term for mass consumption? I actually bought a 12-pack of Leinenkugel a couple of weeks ago when it was on sale at Walmart. I drank them all, but not sure it was something I would buy again.

The best Leinenugels to me are the winter beers they put out. Vanilla Porter and even better is the creamy dark (or is it dark and creamy?) After 6 of those you might forget your own name.

Feb 21, 2013
The best Leinenugels to me are the winter beers they put out. Vanilla Porter and even better is the creamy dark (or is it dark and creamy?) After 6 of those you might forget your own name.

Where else can you talk softball AND get a beer education? I swear I love this site!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Last night I decided to "upgrade" my beer selection to a Peroni with the hope that my DD would continue to pitch well....I also thought to pull up the game on iScore at the same time....SWEET!!!
20150709_194610.jpg

Attachments

• 33889.jpg
    33889.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma