I love streaming video technology!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 15, 2011
So what is a good summertime beer? I have 5 more pool games and single elimination bracket play left, so I am going to need to make a trip to the liquor store!

As a beer snob, I only say this "off the record": For hot summer days and mass consumption, the Summer Shandys are the way to go. Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy and Leinenkugel go down real easy.

Now for the record, my current favorite is Lawson's Sip of Sunshine. Absolutely one of the best IPAs there is. Of course at 8%, not really a session beer so I limited myself to 3 last night.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The BIG10 is a model of how to do it right.

I do not think every BIG10 school offers every home game streaming online, and I think you have to join the BIG10 Network to watch the ones that are broadcast. Kind of sad considering USC Upstate does a nice broadcast of all of their home games with an announcer and two camera crews for FREE. I hate to give kudos to Texas, but the Longhorn Network does a great job with softball.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
As a beer snob, I only say this "off the record": For hot summer days and mass consumption, the Summer Shandys are the way to go. Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy and Leinenkugel go down real easy.

Now for the record, my current favorite is Lawson's Sip of Sunshine. Absolutely one of the best IPAs there is. Of course at 8%, not really a session beer so I limited myself to 3 last night.

Is "session beer" the politically correct term for mass consumption? I actually bought a 12-pack of Leinenkugel a couple of weeks ago when it was on sale at Walmart. I drank them all, but not sure it was something I would buy again.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Maybe JAD just likes it in the can?

Corona/Pacifico with lime is my lite beer of choice when I am not drinking an IPA or a Stout. You can drink those all day and not get drunk but it still feels like summer.

Oh..and streaming is great when the quality is high enough. When it gets the glitches it gets annoying though

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I've learned a lot from this thread on streaming. All of it was about beer, but I learned something none the less. :)

I love that places are now doing more streaming. It is frustrating though that they don't use cameras with a wide enough angle to get the entire field. We have several customers that are streaming with GoPro's (which will get the whole field). And recently many are streaming with smart phones mounted to the fence (which will be narrow view). So for places that don't stream, it really is quite simple for a team parent to set it up themselves. Can be as cheap as a bracket and a smart phone (using software like periscope or livestream) or slightly more expensive with a bracket, a GoPro and a piece of streaming hardware (like LiveStrem Broadcaster or Teredek VidiU).

Here's a smartphone setup:
smartphone.jpg

Here's the hardware for a GoPro streaming setup (sent in from a customer):
Hardware for a LiveStream Broadcaster.jpg

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I've learned a lot from this thread on streaming. All of it was about beer, but I learned something none the less. :)

I love that places are now doing more streaming. It is frustrating though that they don't use cameras with a wide enough angle to get the entire field. We have several customers that are streaming with GoPro's (which will get the whole field). And recently many are streaming with smart phones mounted to the fence (which will be narrow view). So for places that don't stream, it really is quite simple for a team parent to set it up themselves. Can be as cheap as a bracket and a smart phone (using software like periscope or livestream) or slightly more expensive with a bracket, a GoPro and a piece of streaming hardware (like LiveStrem Broadcaster or Teredek VidiU).

First off, it is ALWAYS about the beer!!! Secondly, we have looked into streaming our HS games online, but it requires A LOT of data on a cellular phone plan, which has made it cost prohibitive (we estimated a game will use @ 5G of data)...I need to figure out a way to get WiFi or an ethernet cable to the softball field.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Is "session beer" the politically correct term for mass consumption? I actually bought a 12-pack of Leinenkugel a couple of weeks ago when it was on sale at Walmart. I drank them all, but not sure it was something I would buy again.

Session beer is a beer that was produced to consume during working hours. Generations ago, the day would be broken up into two work periods, with a lengthy break in-between the two work periods. During this break period the workers would have a beer, or two. So a beer was produced to drink during these break sessions; they are called session beers. They are generally a good tasting IPA without the kicked up hops and high alcohol content.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.

Oh come on...Sip of Sunshine is the most over-rated, over-hyped beer, normal IPA I have ever had. I'd like to know where you were able to purchase more than two cans at a time....Oh, and tell JF I said Hi :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma