I know this tends to be a Bownet kind of group but....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Amazon is having a sale on the SKLZ Quickster 7x7 net ~$87.00

Quickster net

I have Bownet in the truck for the diamond, but have a Quickster at home in the garage "cage". Also works better than a Bow in the backyard for soccer balls, and footballs.

For those looking for a hitting net, & at $60ish cheaper than a Bownet, might make it worthwile.

Edit: 8 left at that price?

Aug 6, 2013
Dang! - Just bought the Dick's version of the Bow net for home -
This is a nice net for the price (and definitly better than the Jug's pop up net - I had to keep a coach on just because he was the only one who could fold the dang thing back up)

Feb 12, 2014
I have the 7x7 Quickster and have been pretty pleased with it. I will say that it's more of a pain to put up and take down than a Bownet but it's excellent in an indoor type situation where you can leave it up. Well worth the $87.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Dang! - Just bought the Dick's version of the Bow net for home -
This is a nice net for the price (and definitly better than the Jug's pop up net - I had to keep a coach on just because he was the only one who could fold the dang thing back up)
Our TB coach bought a couple of those Bownet wanna-be's from Dicks. Broke the first week...

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The new Jugs nets are awesome. Not inexpensive, but I like them better than the Bownets. The Sklz nets look pretty cheap to me.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Those things are terrible. Unless I am putting them up wrong but I can't get them to stay up. I had to use buckets of sand and string to keep them from moving when used indoors. I can understand the nets doing that when hitting off a tee but doing throws from a catcher to 2nd base? If any body wants one or two, I'll sell them cheap...pm me.

Mar 19, 2014
Just don't leave the quickster in the sun for too long. The coating over the fiberglass poles on mine is gone so I have to wear gloves to put mine up and take it down. Otherwise my hands are covered in fiberglass.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
I got in a good fight with one of those quick pop up Juggs nets....it won. I know the parents heard me cussing that thing in the practice area behind the fields. I crushed it and threw it in the dumpster.

Aug 6, 2013
Our TB coach bought a couple of those Bownet wanna-be's from Dicks. Broke the first week...

My DD uses it for home hitting - she sets it up and takes it down almost every day. We have had no issues -We have Bow-Nets for our Travel Ball Team and this seems to me to be about the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi