http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/29738-model-swing-yet.html

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
What are you seeing RD
DD has dads swing.
She hit a couple buckets.. 25 per bucket off the Tee... Everyone of the balls was knocked out of the net holder... went into cage for 3 buckets 72 per bucket of BB... was tagging them. Had blister after 2... I said stop, but she wanted another bucket...
If you and DD are pleased then that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Had Barry give the Kid a hitting lesson tonight... LOL

BB_DD.gif

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Had Barry give the Kid a hitting lesson tonight... LOL

BB_DD.gif

PC - Like Ueno coming up on her left toe, Bonds' front foot roll over just happens - it is a result of something else. In this clip it is very clear that your DD isn't swinging forcefully enough to cause the roll over that we see - she's making/forcing it happen. Same thing is evident with the rear hip/leg usage. Just like you've learned with pitching, make sure you and through you, your DD, understand the difference between cause and effect!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC - Like Ueno coming up on her left toe, Bonds' front foot roll over just happens - it is a result of something else. In this clip it is very clear that your DD isn't swinging forcefully enough to cause the roll over that we see - she's making/forcing it happen. Same thing is evident with the rear hip/leg usage. Just like you've learned with pitching, make sure you and through you, your DD, understand the difference between cause and effect!

Thx GM !!! I'm calling this clip the Ringor Shoe commercial..... Its an old clip from Sunday the 30th. Tuesday the 1st I got her on the -10... she baulked, until DW said I'll buy you a new bat for Christmas... I said CF9 -10 33" x 22oz.... I said, you gotta get used to it now... :{))

The problems I see with this clip:

*The Tee is to big @ base... covers Shoe's Logo's

*By trying to capture more frames per Swing, I have to lighten too much, and that messes up colors...
going to have to get better contrast in wardrobe.

*Gotta get a CF9 in BB hands...never was happy that bat blured frame... its green

JK... I hear Ya :cool:

BB_DD-slide.gif

Nov 18, 2015
Sorry to differ with you, but I liked her outdoor "open stance" swing a lot better. Indoor stance - she has a flatter swing. Even though it looks like she uses a bigger "crouch" in the outdoor swing, it looks much more "swooshy", with a better finish. Inside swing, she try's to stay horizontal more, and the bat gets pulled out of her RH on the follow through.

Lastly - front knee/foot. It looks like she lands with it open on both swings. Front foot open I think is normal. But when her knee is already facing the pitcher, all (most of?) the tension in the hips is lost (which may be why she's "causing" her back foot to spin, as a way to force her hips around.

While she lands open in the outside swing, the rest of the swing happens much sooner - more in rhythm. Not sure if I have the right terminology, but inside swing, she's landing on/stepping with her front foot. Outside swing, she's stepping INTO her front foot - her foot helps stop fwd momentum, it becomes her anchor point as her hips rotate and pull the rear foot off the ground.

Hope that sounds coherent. Hard to explain things when you only see 3 lines of text on a phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Sorry to differ with you, but I liked her outdoor "open stance" swing a lot better. Indoor stance - she has a flatter swing. Even though it looks like she uses a bigger "crouch" in the outdoor swing, it looks much more "swooshy", with a better finish. Inside swing, she try's to stay horizontal more, and the bat gets pulled out of her RH on the follow through.

Lastly - front knee/foot. It looks like she lands with it open on both swings. Front foot open I think is normal. But when her knee is already facing the pitcher, all (most of?) the tension in the hips is lost (which may be why she's "causing" her back foot to spin, as a way to force her hips around.

While she lands open in the outside swing, the rest of the swing happens much sooner - more in rhythm. Not sure if I have the right terminology, but inside swing, she's landing on/stepping with her front foot. Outside swing, she's stepping INTO her front foot - her foot helps stop fwd momentum, it becomes her anchor point as her hips rotate and pull the rear foot off the ground.

Hope that sounds coherent. Hard to explain things when you only see 3 lines of text on a phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks !!! Your making good points... ThxAgain :cool:

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Still cleaning it up... :cool:

<video width="512" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/T%26R_HB.mp4" />
</video>

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Still cleaning it up... :cool:

<video width="512" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/T%26R_HB.mp4" />
</video>

On the tee swings your DD has a 'hands level to the ball' swing. Hopefully not her game swing. I would like to see a ball set low(knee) and see what kind of 'adjustments' your DD makes. I'm hopeful for tilt of the body, front arm/elbow adjustments and not hands lower.
tumblr_og8rgyI8yf1usf292o1_400.gif

This is me 'nit picking'....Your DD needs to learn to 'turn the barrel forward with both hands. Seems to be rear arm dominate or bottom hand/arm seems to be along for the ride. I do like her lower body. I'm sorry for being 'nit picky' because that doesn't seem to be what posters what to hear. Again JMHO.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
On the tee swings your DD has a 'hands level to the ball' swing. Hopefully not her game swing. I would like to see a ball set low(knee) and see what kind of 'adjustments' your DD makes. I'm hopeful for tilt of the body, front arm/elbow adjustments and not hands lower.
tumblr_og8rgyI8yf1usf292o1_400.gif

This is me 'nit picking'....Your DD needs to learn to 'turn the barrel forward with both hands. Seems to be rear arm dominate or bottom hand/arm seems to be along for the ride. I do like her lower body. I'm sorry for being 'nit picky' because that doesn't seem to be what posters what to hear. Again JMHO.

No Prpblem RD !!! Really hoping you will continue helping...as you Always have... ThxAgain !!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy