How's the form?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2016
Looking for and open to any constructive criticism of the DD. 12u

I know, I need more camera angles. Sorry it's not in Slow-Mo. I tried to slow it down, but the video got all distorted. The thing we are working on currently is matching the plant foot with release point to get maximum speed.

Also if there is just not enough video to provide any conclusive info then I will get more video and post accordingly

Sep 29, 2014
It would really help to see her from the other side, it's really hard to see what is going on with her back to us, also make sure her whole body is in frame including her feet.

At first glance there is a lot to like. Looks like she is leaning forward a little at release. I would get the opposite angle and then repost, in the interim here is a model pitcher you can use to compare and see if at the key points, plant, release etc she matches up.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Pitch 1: Used IR mechanics at release. Pitch 2: HE mechanics at release.

Specifically, I'm referring to pronation of the forearm at release.

Which are you teaching?

IR is much preferred.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Take a clip from the other side about even with the mid-point of her drive. Make sure you're far enough away so that she never leaves the clip frame with any part of her body. Then, take a clip from directly behind her, in-line with the target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole